* how to handle the fonts whose name contains a blank space?
@ 2011-12-30  1:52 dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2011-12-30  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear all,

Sometime ago, I asked the same question and got replies.
However, I couldn't make it work and I didn't try since then.

Now, I am asking the same question again with a hope.

I have several Korean fonts whose name contains a blank space.

For example, in KoPubBatang_Pro family, there are 3 fonts:
	 KoPubBatang_Pro Light (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Light.otf")
	 KoPubBatang_Pro Medium (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Medium.otf")
	 KoPubBatang_Pro Bold (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Bold.otf")

You can download the fonts from here:
http://www.mcst.go.kr/web/notifyCourt/notice/mctNoticeView.jsp?pSeq=6870

Here is a sample code:

\definefont[test][KoPubBatang_Pro Light.otf]
\starttext
\test
This is a test for KoPubBatang font.
한글이 잘 써지는지 봅시다.

\stoptext

But I got the following messages in the log file.

fonts > defining > font with asked name 'KoPubBatang_Pro' is not found using lookup 'file'
fonts > defining > unknown font KoPubBatang_Pro, loading aborted
fonts > defining > unable to define KoPubBatang_Pro as \**sangsang**
backend > xmp > using file '/Users/graph/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/lpdf-pdx.xml'
pages > flushing realpage 1, userpage 1, subpage 1
)</Users/graph/ConTeXt/tex/texmf/fonts/opentype/public/lm/lmroman12-regular.otf>

Is there any hints for this?

Thanks for reading and Happy New Year!

Dalyoung

* Re: how to handle the fonts whose name contains a blank space?
@ 2011-12-30 11:29 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2011-12-30 11:29 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 30.12.2011 um 02:52 schrieb dalyoung:

> Dear all,
>
> Sometime ago, I asked the same question and got replies.
> However, I couldn't make it work and I didn't try since then.
>
> Now, I am asking the same question again with a hope.
>
> I have several Korean fonts whose name contains a blank space.
>
> For example, in KoPubBatang_Pro family, there are 3 fonts:
> 	 KoPubBatang_Pro Light (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Light.otf")
> 	 KoPubBatang_Pro Medium (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Medium.otf")
> 	 KoPubBatang_Pro Bold (font file name is "KoPubBatang_Pro Bold.otf")
>
> You can download the fonts from here:
> http://www.mcst.go.kr/web/notifyCourt/notice/mctNoticeView.jsp?pSeq=6870
>

> Here is a sample code:
>
> \definefont[test][KoPubBatang_Pro Light.otf]

Remove the space:

\definefont[test][file:kopubbatangprolight*default]

Wolfgang

* Re: how to handle the fonts whose name contains a blank space?
       [not found] <mailman.1511.1325275694.4232.ntg-context@ntg.nl>
@ 2011-12-30 23:23 ` dalyoung
From: dalyoung @ 2011-12-30 23:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Wolfgang,

> Remove the space:
>
> \definefont[test][file:kopubbatangprolight*default]

\definefont[test][file:KoPubBatang_ProMedium*default]

It didn't work at the first try, and I realized that I didn't reformat ConTeXt after installing this new fonts. After reformatting, ConTeXt found the fonts and worked fine.

Thank you and Happy New Year!

Best regards,

Dalyoung