* running head for TOC
@ 2021-01-19  4:55 jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-01-19  4:55 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a very long Table of Contents (runs across five pages) and the
author would like the running head on recto pages for this to be 'Table
of Contents'.

I am using the following to create the TOC head:

\definehead
   [tochead]
   [title]

\starttochead[title={Table of Contents}]
\setupheader[state=start]
   \placecombinedlist[content]
\stoptochead

And I use the following to set up the headertexts for the book as a whole:

\setupheadertexts
   [{\hfill\getmarking[chapter]\hfill}][] %recto pages
   [{\hfill\documentvariable{metadata:title}\hfill}][] %verso pages

The problem is that I am unable to get 'Table of Contents' as a running
head for the two recto pages where I need it. I realise I need to get
'tochead' recognised somehow for this.  If I set up a separate
\setupheadertexts [{\hfill\getmarking[tochead]\hfill}][] then I end up
with 'Table of Contents as the running head on all recto pages, which I
don't want.

Can anyone suggest how can I get 'Table of Contents' as the running head
just for the two recto pages of a five page TOC?

Julian

* Re: running head for TOC
@ 2021-01-19  9:23 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-01-19  9:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 19.01.2021 um 05:55 schrieb jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>:
>
> I have a very long Table of Contents (runs across five pages) and the author would like the running head on recto pages for this to be 'Table of Contents'.
>
> I am using the following to create the TOC head:
>
> \definehead
>   [tochead]
>   [title]
>
> \starttochead[title={Table of Contents}]
> \setupheader[state=start]
>   \placecombinedlist[content]
> \stoptochead
>
> And I use the following to set up the headertexts for the book as a whole:
>
> \setupheadertexts
>   [{\hfill\getmarking[chapter]\hfill}][] %recto pages
>   [{\hfill\documentvariable{metadata:title}\hfill}][] %verso pages
>
> The problem is that I am unable to get 'Table of Contents' as a running head for the two recto pages where I need it. I realise I need to get 'tochead' recognised somehow for this.  If I set up a separate \setupheadertexts [{\hfill\getmarking[tochead]\hfill}][] then I end up with 'Table of Contents as the running head on all recto pages, which I don't want.
>
> Can anyone suggest how can I get 'Table of Contents' as the running head just for the two recto pages of a five page TOC?

How about you inherit "tochead" from "chapter" and setup the combined list "content" so that it doesn’t include "tochead"?

Hraban

* Re: running head for TOC
@ 2021-01-19  9:34   ` jbf
From: jbf @ 2021-01-19  9:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had tried that - I tried:

\definehead
   [tochead]
   [chapter]

and of course combined list does not contain tochead, but chapter. But
what happens then is that the Table of Contents disappears altogether)
except for the actually head 'Table of Contents')!

On 19/1/21 8:23 pm, Henning Hraban Ramm wrote:

>> Am 19.01.2021 um 05:55 schrieb jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>:
>>
>> I have a very long Table of Contents (runs across five pages) and the author would like the running head on recto pages for this to be 'Table of Contents'.
>>
>> I am using the following to create the TOC head:
>>
>> \definehead
>>    [tochead]
>>    [title]
>>
>> \starttochead[title={Table of Contents}]
>> \setupheader[state=start]
>>    \placecombinedlist[content]
>> \stoptochead
>>
>> And I use the following to set up the headertexts for the book as a whole:
>>
>> \setupheadertexts
>>    [{\hfill\getmarking[chapter]\hfill}][] %recto pages
>>    [{\hfill\documentvariable{metadata:title}\hfill}][] %verso pages
>>
>> The problem is that I am unable to get 'Table of Contents' as a running head for the two recto pages where I need it. I realise I need to get 'tochead' recognised somehow for this.  If I set up a separate \setupheadertexts [{\hfill\getmarking[tochead]\hfill}][] then I end up with 'Table of Contents as the running head on all recto pages, which I don't want.
>>
>> Can anyone suggest how can I get 'Table of Contents' as the running head just for the two recto pages of a five page TOC?
> How about you inherit "tochead" from "chapter" and setup the combined list "content" so that it doesn’t include "tochead"?
>

> Hraban

* Re: running head for TOC
@ 2021-01-19 19:11     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-01-19 19:11 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 19.01.2021 um 10:34 schrieb jbf <roma83537@gmail.com>:
>
> I had tried that - I tried:
>
> \definehead
>  [tochead]
>  [chapter]
>
> and of course combined list does not contain tochead, but chapter. But what happens then is that the Table of Contents disappears altogether) except for the actually head 'Table of Contents')!

Please try to come up with a MWE.

Hraban