* Headline with numbers in margin doubleside layout
@ 2021-09-13 11:07 juh via ntg-context
From: juh via ntg-context @ 2021-09-13 11:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

I have a doubleside layout with a big outer margin.

When I set alternative=margin in setuphead the chapter numbers appear in
the left margin which is the outer margin on left pages, but the inner
margin on right pages.

While this looks good on left pages, there is much free space on right
pages.

I would like to use this space for headlines to balance the impression.

Is it possible to assign headlines to the textarea+margin somehow only
on right pages so that headlines would run into the outermargin o right
pages??

TIA
juh

--
Autoren-Homepage: ......... http://literatur.hasecke.com
Satiren & Essays: ......... http://www.sudelbuch.de

[-- Attachment #1.2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Headline with numbers in margin doubleside layout
@ 2021-09-13 11:33 ` Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context
From: Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context @ 2021-09-13 11:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

juh via ntg-context schrieb am 13.09.2021 um 13:07:
> Hi all,
>
> I have a doubleside layout with a big outer margin.
>
> When I set alternative=margin in setuphead the chapter numbers appear in
> the left margin which is the outer margin on left pages, but the inner
> margin on right pages.
>
> While this looks good on left pages, there is much free space on right
> pages.
>
> I would like to use this space for headlines to balance the impression.
>
> Is it possible to assign headlines to the textarea+margin somehow only
> on right pages so that headlines would run into the outermargin o right
> pages??

Like this?

\setuphead
   [chapter]
   [page=yes,
    alternative=inmargin,
    location=outer,
    align=outer]

\setuppagenumbering
   [alternative=doublesided]

\showframe

\starttext
\dorecurse{10}{\expanded{\chapter{Chapter
\convertnumber{word}{\recurselevel}}}}
\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: Headline with numbers in margin doubleside layout
@ 2021-09-14  9:25   ` juh via ntg-context
From: juh via ntg-context @ 2021-09-14  9:25 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks a lot Wolfgang for your help,

Am Mon, Sep 13, 2021 at 01:33:36PM +0200 schrieb Wolfgang Schuster via ntg-context:
> Like this?
>
> \setuphead
>   [chapter]
>   [page=yes,
>    alternative=inmargin,
>    location=outer,
>    align=outer]
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>   [alternative=doublesided]
>
> \showframe
>
> \starttext
> \dorecurse{10}{\expanded{\chapter{Chapter
> \convertnumber{word}{\recurselevel}}}}
> \stoptext

this looks interesting, but it's not quite what I want.

I think I would like to have a different solution on left and right
pages.

|     1. Headline on left      | 2. Headline on the right page  |
|        page
|                              |    lorem ipsum, dolor          |
|        lorem ipsum, dolor    |    sit amet                    |
|        sit amet.             |                                |

The text area stops at "dolor". So the long headline on page 2 should run into
the outermargin.

Sorry, I must confess that I am still experimenting with my layout. The
outer margin is quite big so that the headline on right pages should run
into the margin to balance the look.

Is it possible to put headline in an area combined from margin+textarea?

juh

--

@ 2021-09-14  9:41     ` Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context
From: Henning Hraban Ramm via ntg-context @ 2021-09-14  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 14.09.2021 um 11:25 schrieb juh via ntg-context <ntg-context@ntg.nl>:
>

> The text area stops at "dolor". So the long headline on page 2 should run into
> the outermargin.
>
> Is it possible to put headline in an area combined from margin+textarea?

I’d use \framed[width=..., frame=off, offset=overlay]{Your Headline}

Hraban