* small abstracts in table of contents?
@ 2014-11-24 23:41 Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-11-24 23:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

I have a standard ToC, but what I’d like to have is that each chapter item (I don’t go lower than that in the hierarchy) comes with its own little abstract.Is that possible?

* Re: small abstracts in table of contents?
@ 2014-11-25  5:41 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-11-25  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 25.11.2014 um 00:41 schrieb Gerben Wierda <gerben.wierda@rna.nl>:
>
> I have a standard ToC, but what I’d like to have is that each chapter item (I don’t go lower than that in the hierarchy) comes with its own little abstract.Is that possible?

You can use the \writebetweenlist or \writetolist commands for this.

Wolfgang

* Re: small abstracts in table of contents?
@ 2014-11-25  7:18 ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-11-25  7:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gerben,

As Wolfgang said, you can use something like this (example given by him some months ago on the mailing list):

\definelist[chaptertext]
\setuplist[chaptertext][style=\tfx,margin=3em,pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument]

\starttext

\placelist[chapter,chaptertext]

\chapter{This is a chapter}

\writetolist[chaptertext]{}{This is a small description of this chapter: \input ward }

\input knuth.tex

\stoptext

Best regards: OK

@ 2014-11-25  7:54   ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2014-11-25  7:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 11/25/2014 8:18 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Gerben,
>
> As Wolfgang said, you can use something like this (example given by him some months ago on the mailing list):
>
> \definelist[chaptertext]
> \setuplist[chaptertext][style=\tfx,margin=3em,pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument]
>
> \starttext
>
> \placelist[chapter,chaptertext]
>
> \chapter{This is a chapter}
>
> \writetolist[chaptertext]{}{This is a small description of this chapter: \input ward }
>
> \input knuth.tex
>
> \stoptext

The mkiv way:

\starttext

\unexpanded\def\ShowSummary#1#2#3%
   {\inleftmargin{#1}\structurelistuservariable{summary}\blank}

\placelist[chapter][alternative=command,command=\ShowSummary]

\startchapter
   [title={This is a chapter}]
   [summary={This is a small description of this chapter}]

\input knuth.tex

\stopchapter

\startchapter
   [title={This is also a chapter}]
   [summary={This is a larger description of this chapter}]

\input ward.tex

\stopchapter

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2014-11-25 13:49   ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-11-25 13:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

This works, but not completely. I’ve added this to my environments file:

\definelist[chaptertext]
\setuplist[chaptertext][style=\itx,margin=3em,pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument]

and the contents list is created by

        \title[h:toc]{Contents}
        \placelist[chapter,chaptertext]
	%\completecontent[level=chapter]

The %-outcommented was the original list. In the chapter file, it now says

\chapter[h:foo]{Foo}
\writetolist[chaptertext]{}{\input tufte}

The effect of this is that every chapter name in the list is typeset as \itx, not just the summary chaptertext. The chapter numbers are still in their original font and size.

@ 2014-11-25 14:12     ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-11-25 14:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Gerben,

This shouldn’t be a problem, since you may give your own style to the list of chapters by saying for example

	\setuplist[chapter][style=\bf]

or whatever style you wish.

Best regards: OK

@ 2014-11-25 16:01       ` Gerben Wierda
From: Gerben Wierda @ 2014-11-25 16:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25 Nov 2014, at 15:12, Otared Kavian <otared@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Gerben,
>
> This shouldn’t be a problem, since you may give your own style to the list of chapters by saying for example
>
> 	\setuplist[chapter][style=\bf]
>
> or whatever style you wish.

I tried

\definelist[chaptertext]
\setuplist[chaptertext][style=\itx,margin=3em,pagecommand=\gobbleoneargument]
\setuplist[chapter][style=\tfa,before={\blank[big]}]

but what happens in the TOC is:
- Chapter numbers and page numbers are \tfa
- Chapter name seems \it
- Chapter text is \itx

In other words, the \itx command for chaptertext influences the style of chapter

Minimal example:

@ 2014-11-25 16:37         ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2014-11-25 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)