* Re: using variable for subscript in math+lua (and math+MetaFun)
@ 2012-10-25 11:59 Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2012-10-25 11:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Gesang and Hans,

Your solution is working nicely.
I may use lua to simplify my other work.

I'd like to ask you one more thing.

I tried to write a matrix using MetaFun to add some graphics as following:

label(btex $a_{11}$ etex, ( , ));
label(btex $a_{12}$ etex, ( , ));
label(btex $a_{13}$ etex, ( , ));
…
label(btex $a_{3,3}$ etex, ( , ));

Since the same command is repeated, I tested to use "for" iteration.
But I couldn't succeed. It is OK to use the variable as a text but I couldn't find a way to use a variable as a subscript.

For example,

for i=1 unto 3: label(btex decimal(i) etex, (x,y)); endfor;

is OK. But,

for i=1 upto 3: label(btex $a_{i}$ etex, (x,y)); endfor;
or
for i=1 upto 3: label(btex $a_{deciaml(i)}$ etex, (x,y)); endfor;

are not working as I wanted.

Is there a way to use variable as a subscript in "label"?

Thank you again.

Best regards,

Dalyoung

* Re: using variable for subscript in math+lua (and math+MetaFun)
@ 2012-10-25 13:24 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-10-25 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 25-10-2012 13:59, Jeong Dal wrote:
> Dear Gesang and Hans,
>
> Your solution is working nicely.
> I may use lua to simplify my other work.
>
> I'd like to ask you one more thing.
>
> I tried to write a matrix using MetaFun to add some graphics as following:
>
> label(btex $a_{11}$ etex, ( , ));
> label(btex $a_{12}$ etex, ( , ));
> label(btex $a_{13}$ etex, ( , ));
> …
> label(btex $a_{3,3}$ etex, ( , ));
>
> Since the same command is repeated, I tested to use "for" iteration.
> But I couldn't succeed. It is OK to use the variable as a text but I couldn't find a way to use a variable as a subscript.
>
> For example,
>
> for i=1 unto 3: label(btex decimal(i) etex, (x,y)); endfor;
>
> is OK. But,
>
> for i=1 upto 3: label(btex $a_{i}$ etex, (x,y)); endfor;
> or
> for i=1 upto 3: label(btex $a_{deciaml(i)}$ etex, (x,y)); endfor;
>
> are not working as I wanted.
>
> Is there a way to use variable as a subscript in "label"?

play with code like this

\starttext

\startluacode
    context.startMPcode()
        for i=1,10 do
            for j=1,10 do
                context('draw (%scm,%scm) withpen pencircle scaled 2mm
;',i,j)
                context('draw
thetextext.top("\\tt%s,%s",(%scm,%scm+2mm)) ;',i,j,i,j)
            end
        end
    context.stopMPcode()
\stopluacode

\stoptext

                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2012-10-25 14:15   ` Jeong Dal
From: Jeong Dal @ 2012-10-25 14:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans,

The structure of your code  is very interesting.

((((MP code) inside ConTeXt) inside Lua) inside ConTeXt) again!

It is really useful.

Thank you.

Best regards,

Dalyoung