* Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 18:51 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-19 18:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Patrick,

I have two points which should be changed in your module:

1. Use simplecolumns for the text and
2. limit the width for the two columns to the width of the figure

because this looks better in a float and the complete graphic can be
centered on the page or you change this only inside floats.

\usemodule[t][layout]
\starttext
\placefigure{}{\ShowLayout}
\stoptext

Can you add the module also to the minimals?

Wolfgang

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:23 ` Patrick Gundlach
                     ` (2 more replies)
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2009-04-19 20:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Wolfgang,

> I have two points which should be changed in your module:
>
> 1. Use simplecolumns for the text and
> 2. limit the width for the two columns to the width of the figure

Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look this week. I will report
back.

> Can you add the module also to the minimals?

I will ask Mojca for that, but only if she has time.

Patrick
--
ConTeXt wiki and more: http://contextgarden.net

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:34   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-19 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 22:23, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

>> Can you add the module also to the minimals?
>
> I will ask Mojca for that, but only if she has time.

I don't have time, but adding a module is not a problem (I overlooked
the request before Patrick mentioned it). Though the module is so
simple that you could almost bribe Hans to add it to the core.

Mojca

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:41     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-19 20:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.04.2009 um 22:34 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

>>> Can you add the module also to the minimals?
>>
>> I will ask Mojca for that, but only if she has time.
>
> I don't have time, but adding a module is not a problem (I overlooked
> the request before Patrick mentioned it).

No problem, I installed it now in texmf-local by hand.

>                                           Though the module is so
> simple that you could almost bribe Hans to add it to the core.

I think this is wasted effort because ConTeXt comes with layout module
and it's sometimes very hard to convince Hans to include user code.

Wolfgang

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:42   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-19 20:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.04.2009 um 22:23 schrieb Patrick Gundlach:

> Hi Wolfgang,
>
>> I have two points which should be changed in your module:
>>
>> 1. Use simplecolumns for the text and
>> 2. limit the width for the two columns to the width of the figure
>
> Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look this week. I will
> report back.

Don't hesitate, it's nothing I need at the moment.

Wolfgang

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:47   ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-04-19 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 22:23, Patrick Gundlach wrote:

> Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look this week. I will report
> back.

And since you'll definitely have lots of problems to upload a new
version of your module to the garden, you can try to figure out how to
set up git server on the garden at the same time (or at least we could
switch to svn).

Mojca

* Re: Layout module
@ 2009-04-19 20:50     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-04-19 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 19.04.2009 um 22:47 schrieb Mojca Miklavec:

> On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 22:23, Patrick Gundlach wrote:
>>
>> Thanks for the suggestions, I'll have a look this week. I will report
>> back.
>
> And since you'll definitely have lots of problems to upload a new
> version of your module to the garden, you can try to figure out how to
> set up git server on the garden at the same time (or at least we could
> switch to svn).

or hg :)

WOlfgang