* Set background color for a single page
@ 2013-04-23 10:51 Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-23 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Sometimes, I only want a single page, say, the titlepage or page 32, with colored background rather that the whole document. Here are some codes: \starttext% titlepage (yellow)
\startmakeup[standard]
\midaligned{How to make document}
\stopmakeup
% page1 (gray)
Many \CONTEXT\ users $\ldots$
\page
% page2 (darkyellow)
Many \TEX\ users $\ldots$
\stoptext
Of course, it is awful that if I set the titlepage yellow, page1 gray and page2 darkyellow. How can I achieve this? regrads, Tim

* Re: Set background color for a single page
@ 2013-04-23 11:28 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-04-23 11:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, Tim Li wrote:

> Sometimes, I only want a single page, say, the titlepage or page 32, with colored background rather that the whole document. Here are some codes: \starttext% titlepage (yellow)
> \startmakeup[standard]
> \midaligned{How to make document}
> \stopmakeup
> % page1 (gray)
> Many \CONTEXT\ users $\ldots$
> \page
> % page2 (darkyellow)
> Many \TEX\ users $\ldots$
> \stoptext
> Of course, it is awful that if I set the titlepage yellow, page1 gray and page2 darkyellow. How can I achieve this? regrads, Tim

See: http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.tex.context/75726/focus=75743

Another alternative is to pick the color from a list using
\convertnumber{colors}{userpage}, similar to the solution at
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/54062/323

Aditya

* Re: Set background color for a single page
@ 2013-04-23 13:17   ` Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-23 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya, Thanks. Defining a color conversion is a good idea, and we can apply this conversion easily to somethings like chapter, section, etc. which has a `color' filed to assign, but not pages. Is there a way to set the color of a page like that done for chapters and sections? Tim

@ 2013-04-23 13:47     ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-04-23 13:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 23 Apr 2013, Tim Li wrote:

> Aditya, Thanks. Defining a color conversion is a good idea, and we can apply this conversion easily to somethings like chapter, section, etc. which has a `color' filed to assign, but not pages. Is there a way to set the color of a page like that done for chapters and sections? Tim

Do you want to assign a specific color to each page, or do you want the
pages to cycle through a finite list of colors.

Aditya

* Re: Set background color for a single page
@ 2013-04-23 14:17       ` Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-23 14:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Aditya, I want to know both please. Now I use the   \start  \definecolor ...  ...  \startmakeup[standard]  ...  \stopmakeup  \stopto assign a specific color to the tilepage whose content is on a single page exactly. But I don't know how to set the background for a single page, say, page 3 if a document has more than three pages. Also, I don't know how to cycle pages through a finite list of colors. Can you show me that? Tim

@ 2013-04-23 14:51         ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2013-04-23 14:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Aditya, I want to know both please. Now I use the \start \definecolor
> ...  ...  \startmakeup[standard] ...  \stopmakeup \stopto assign a
> specific color to the tilepage whose content is on a single page
> exactly. But I don't know how to set the background for a single page,
> say, page 3 if a document has more than three pages. Also, I don't know
> how to cycle pages through a finite list of colors. Can you show me
> that? Tim

One way to do this is to set

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color, backgroundcolor=\PageColor]

and define \PageColor such that it expands to an appropriate color. For
arbitrary control, you can use a lua function, for example:

\startluacode
   thirddata = thirddata or {}

   function thirddata.getpagecolor(num)
     -- A lua function that assigns colors based on page numbers
     if num == 3 then
        context("blue")
     elseif num == 5 then
        context("red")
     end
   end
\stopluacode

\def\PageColor%
   {\ctxlua{thirddata.getpagecolor(\rawcountervalue[userpage])}}

\setupbackgrounds[page][background=color, backgroundcolor=\PageColor]

\setuppapersize[S3]
\starttext

\dorecurse{10}{\input knuth \par}

\stoptext

You can also use a lua table to assign colors, and then you do not have to
build a ladder of if statements.

Aditya

* Re: Set background color for a single page
@ 2013-04-23 15:05           ` Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-23 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)