Hi, now I need a line below the header text to seperate the header texts from the text area. I have't soloved this problem, have to ask for help (the method from google doesn't work any more. This new one is from Aditya, but still has some problem that I don't know how to deal with) \setuplayout [header=\lineheight, headerdistance=\lineheight, footer=\lineheight, footerdistance=\lineheight] \setuppagenumbering [location=, alternative=doublesided] \definepagebreak [chapterpagebreak] [yes,header,footer,right] \definetext [chapterstart] [footer] [{\hfill\it\pagenumber}] \setuphead [chapter] [style=\bfc, header=empty, footer=chapterstart, page=chapterpagebreak] \setupheader [style=\it] \setupheadertexts [{\getmarking[sectionnumber]\hskip1em\getmarking[section][first]}] [pagenumber] [{Chapter~\getmarking[chapternumber]\hskip1em\getmarking[chapter]}] [pagenumber] \setupbackgrounds [header][text] [bottomframe=on] \starttext \chapter{First Chapter} this is the first chapter \section{section 1} \page \section{section 2} the second page of the first chapter \page \section{section 3} the third page of the first chapter \chapter{Second Chapter} this is the second chapter \section{section 1} \page \section{section 2} the second page of the second chapter \stoptext The rule shouldn't be above the chapter head ``1 First Chapter" at page 1 and page 4 should be true empty, since it is just before Chapter 2 and has no contents. Of course, I hope that I can solve these two problems by myself, but ... I really need some help from you. Best regards, Tim