* How to typeset the titlepage and its verso in ConTeXt?
@ 2013-04-16 15:41 Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-16 15:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I try to typeset the titlepage and its verso using ConTeXt, but it always generate an empty page on the right if facing.

\setupinteraction

   [state=stop,

     title=Life in These Days,

     author=Tim Li]

\setupinteractionscreen

   [option=doublesided]

\usetypescript[palatino]

\setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]

\setuppagenumbering

   [location={footer,middle},

    alternative=doublesided]

\setupmakeup

   [standard]

   [pagestate=start]

\starttext

\startfrontmatter

% titlepage

\startmakeup[standard]  %[doublesided=no]

\vskip2in

\midaligned{\switchtobodyfont[36pt]\bf Life in These Days}

\vfill

\midaligned{\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf Tim Li}

\blank[medium]

\midaligned{\switchtobodyfont[20pt]\bf January 11, 2013}

\stopmakeup

% its verso

\startmakeup[standard]
  %[page=no]
This document was typeset by using \CONTEXT.

\vfill

\stopmakeup
% dedication
%
preface
% contents
\stopfrontmatter

\startbodymatter

%

\stopbodymatter

\stoptext

If add [doubesided=no] to the first \startmakeup[standard] that produce the titlepage, it will produce a page with page number 2 at the right of the titlepage and the verso of this titlepage will be the next page following page 2. That's not what I want.

How to set the options of the \startmakeup so that I can typeset the titlepage with its verso just after it. If so, when  the document is printed, the titlepage and its verso will be presented on the same paper like that in the ConTeXt manual(if printed, the tiltepage and its verso of the manual will be on the same paper).

* Re: How to typeset the titlepage and its verso in ConTeXt?
@ 2013-04-16 15:51 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-04-16 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 16.04.2013 um 17:41 schrieb Tim Li <timli2013@outlook.com>:

> I try to typeset the titlepage and its verso using ConTeXt, but it always generate an empty page on the right if facing.
>
> \setupinteraction
>     [state=stop,
>      title=Life in These Days,
>      author=Tim Li]
> \setupinteractionscreen
>    [option=doublesided]
>
> \usetypescript[palatino]
> \setupbodyfont[palatino,12pt]
>
> \setuppagenumbering
>    [location={footer,middle},
>     alternative=doublesided]
>
> \setupmakeup
>    [standard]
>    [pagestate=start]

\setupmakeup
  [standard]
  [pagestate=start,
   page=yes]

Wolfgang

* Re: How to typeset the titlepage and its verso in ConTeXt?
@ 2013-04-16 16:31   ` Tim Li
From: Tim Li @ 2013-04-16 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks very much, it works exactly!