From: "Thomas A. Schmitz" <thomas.schmitz@uni-bonn.de>
Subject: Re: more xml in mkiv
Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2008 16:45:52 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi all,

I'm resurrecting an ooooold thread and top-posting... For details, see
the post below. The problem was that the content of itemizations
sometimes disappeared in xml processed by mkiv. I emphasize
"sometimes": now you see it, now you don't... I can't really post a
minimal example that will be certain to display the effect, but I
have, since May, discovered one thing:

this code:

<item>
</item>

will sometimes make the A disappear. This code:

<item>A</item>

will always work correctly. So Hans, a shot in the dark: can it be
that your lpeg xml parser can, under certain circumstances, have
trouble with linebreaks within the xml-subtree it is trying to pick
up? That would explain the mystery which had me baffled back in May.

All best

Thomas