Hi List, I solved my original problem 2, allowing me to reuse the same \hpos labels in different equations without interference. I added an equation counter and set up my custom math version of \hpos to use the count as part of the label internally. I tried to do this with a regular ConTeXt counter, but had all sorts of mysterious, wrong behavior. When I switched to using a Lua counter, everything worked immediately. So, while there is nothing brilliant about this solution, I’ll share it for anyone who might want to do something similar in the future. The code I added is below, with some comments. The complete example file is attached. The result is two equations.