What is the easiest way to have a ‘database’ of translations for strings and maybe links? I now have 4 languages and 2 versions so 8 documents, but I’d like to have all translatable strings together so I can maintain these in a single file. Ideally I can do a file where the key of the translation is one language (say English) and the translations are part of that. Something I can call like this \translatephrase[English phrase][nl] \translatelocation[../LMTX-Output/without-ids/en/file.pdf][nl][simple] and where I can maintain all the translations a bit like this: \translationentry[English phrase]{ \definetranslatephrase[nl]Nederlandse frase] \definetranslatephrase[fr][Phrase français] } } \translatelocation[../LMTX-Output/without-ids/en/file.pdf][simple][nl][../LMTX-Output/without-ids/nl/file-simple.pdf]] \translatelocation[../LMTX-Output/without-ids/en/file.pdf][none][nl][../LMTX-Output/without-ids/nl/file.pdf]] Where the \translatelocation command can be used inside an \externalfigure command and \translatephrase can be used as as text. In the end I’d like to compile with context language=fr mode=simple mainfile.tex Doable? Gerben Wierda (LinkedIn ) R&A IT Strategy (main site) Book: Chess and the Art of Enterprise Architecture Book: Mastering ArchiMate