* Installing Truetype fonts in context.
@ 2005-06-04 14:21 John R. Culleton
From: John R. Culleton @ 2005-06-04 14:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

--Like a good little TeXer I have always avoided Truetype fonts.
But now I have a situation where the customer is requesting it,
and has provided the font. So I have tried to follow the
instructinns in the pdftex manual as well as those in Texfont
Explained manual. First I  got apparently clean results but the font
looks just like Computer Modern.  The only error message I can
see is one asking for a pfb file which of course I don't have.

Then following an earlier post I tried something like this. The font
is a Devangari font, or perhaps more properly a Western font that
looks a bit like Devnagari script. Here is my run script:

ttf2afm -e 8r.enc -o ds_izmir.afm ds_izmir.ttf
texfont --en=8r --ve=truetype --co=all --makepath --install
cd /usr/share/texmf-local/fonts/map/pdftex/context/
cat *map >plus.map
mv plus.map /usr/share/texmf/fonts/map/pdftex/updmap
updmap
texhash
With this run stream texfont has two complaints: first that it is an unknown
vendor and
second that it cannot find either a pfa or pfb file.

There is a trick to it I am sure, and I am sure I do not know the
trick.

John Culleton
The answers to all your publishing questions are found
in the excellent books listed in the word-famous shortlist!