Hi all (especially Keith who successfully got Context running on the new M1 Mac OS ARM) Again thanks to Mojca for providing the Mac OS ARM download. I recently replace my old Mac with the new ARM one. I am having difficulty getting ConTeXt to work. This is what I have done and the information from the console. I downloaded: context-osx-arm64.zip In terminal: cd /Users/charlesdoherty/context-osx-arm64 Ran sh install.sh and all seems ok (following Keith’s advice on privacy). I made an engine for TeXShop based on what worked before: #!/bin/Zsh export PATH=$PATH:~/context-osx-arm64/bin:~/context-osx-arm64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin ~/context-osx-arm64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun --autogenerate --script context --directives="system.showerror" --autopdf "$1" --purgeall I made it executable. When I typeset a file in TeXShop using this engine I get: /Users/charlesdoherty/Library/TeXShop/Engines/ARM.engine:3: bad CPU type in executable: /Users/charlesdoherty/context-osx-arm64/tex/texmf-osx-64/bin/mtxrun I have tried various options to no avail but I would really appreciate some help on this (longhand rather than cryptic would be really helpful). Thanks, Charlie > On 11 Apr 2021, at 19:27, Keith McKay wrote: > > An alternative way is to go to Preferences>>Security and Privacy>>General. And then click on Open anyway and that's it sorted. > Best Wishes > Keith > > > > On Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 18:47 Otared Kavian, > wrote: > Hi, > > Thank you Mojca and Hans for the new binary for MacOS ARM: yesterday I installed it on my new MacBook Pro ARM and everything works like a charm. > > Just for the persons who run into difficulties when running > sh install.sh > and see that MacOS 11 prevents mtxrun to run properly, in the Finder you should find the file > > context-osx-arm64/bin/mtxrun > > and then you press Control while clicking on it. You’ll see a pop up window, and you choose Open, and when the Finder tells you whether you really want to open that file, you say YES… > After this, the install script does what it has to do and you don’t need anymore to authorize mtxrun to run. > > Best regards: Otared ******************************* CHARLES DOHERTY 13 BANCROFT ROAD TALLAGHT DUBLIN D24 YH2V home: +353 1 2447483 Mobile: +353 863868629 charles.doherty@icloud.com