* Minimals Setup witout rsync?
@ 2009-12-04 13:27 Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2009-12-04 13:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi,

How would one install the minimals when sitting behind a restrictive
firewall not allowing rsyncing with the outside world?

Thanks, Joh

* Re: Minimals Setup witout rsync?
@ 2009-12-04 13:57 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2009-12-04 13:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 04.12.2009 um 14:27 schrieb Johannes Graumann:

> Hi,
>
> How would one install the minimals when sitting behind a restrictive
> firewall not allowing rsyncing with the outside world?

http://pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm

Wolfgang

* Re: Minimals Setup witout rsync?
@ 2009-12-04 14:44 ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-12-04 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 14:27, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Hi,
>
> How would one install the minimals when sitting behind a restrictive
> firewall not allowing rsyncing with the outside world?

I forgot the details, but could probably find it out again. It should
be possible to use ssh tunnelling.

There is also
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/pragma/
but it's not updated too frequently (if there would be a demand, we
could update them more frequently).

But you need to fetch the whole tree each time when you want to update.

Mojca

* Re: Minimals Setup witout rsync?
@ 2009-12-07  9:49   ` Johannes Graumann
                       ` (2 more replies)
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2009-12-07  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Timestamp:
	2009-05-11 13:30
Ouch.

Can that be synchronized with the rsync-able repository?

Thanks, Joh

@ 2009-12-07 10:42     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2009-12-07 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Timestamp:
> 	2009-05-11 13:30
> Ouch.
>
> Can that be synchronized with the rsync-able repository?

my upload is not that fast ... they will be synced with luatex 0.50

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2009-12-07 11:13     ` Alan BRASLAU
From: Alan BRASLAU @ 2009-12-07 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context; +Cc: Johannes Graumann

[-- Attachment #1: Type: Text/Plain, Size: 597 bytes --]

On Monday 07 December 2009 10:49:45 Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Timestamp:
> 	2009-05-11 13:30
> Ouch.
>
> Can that be synchronized with the rsync-able repository?
>
> Thanks, Joh
>
> Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> > Am 04.12.2009 um 14:27 schrieb Johannes Graumann:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> How would one install the minimals when sitting behind a restrictive
> >> firewall not allowing rsyncing with the outside world?
> >
> > http://pragma-ade.com/download-4.htm
> >
> > Wolfgang

See also attached mail.

If you can connect to a machine on the outside world
that has nc and itself allows rsync.

Alan

[-- Attachment #2: Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>: Re: ConTeXt minimals behind (rsync) firewall --]
[-- Type: message/rfc822, Size: 1822 bytes --]

From: Alan BRASLAU <alan.braslau@cea.fr>
To: Mojca Miklavec <mojca.miklavec.lists@gmail.com>
Cc: ConTeXt list <context@lists.launchpad.net>
Subject: Re: ConTeXt minimals behind (rsync) firewall
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 23:31:04 +0200

On Thursday 23 July 2009 21:40:54 Mojca Miklavec wrote:

> > I re-read the rsync documentation and found a solution:
> >
> > export RSYNC_CONNECT_PROG='ssh proxyhost nc %H 873'
> > ./first-setup.sh
> >
> > where proxyhost is replaced by the name of my laboratory gateway machine
> > that is configured to allow rsync (port 873) connections.
> >
> > The other solutions (-e ssh) require having a login on contextgarden.net.
> > So, now I can rsync with the minimals on the garden.
>
> Alan,
>
> thanks a lot for figuring that out. This should be documented on Wiki
> or in first-setup.sh.
>
> Just a question: what kind of server exactly does that "proxyhost" need to
> be?

The "proxyhost" can be any machine outside of the ssh firewall that
1) has "nc" (netcat)
2) allows a connection to port 873 (rsync)

Alan

* Re: Minimals Setup witout rsync?
@ 2009-12-07 11:39       ` Johannes Graumann
From: Johannes Graumann @ 2009-12-07 11:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Geee, that was easy!

$context --version
  MTXrun | main context file: /opt/ConTeXt/tex/texmf-
    context/tex/context/base/context.tex
  MTXrun | current version: 2009.12.03 00:41

Thanks a lot!

Joh

@ 2009-12-07 12:18     ` Mojca Miklavec
From: Mojca Miklavec @ 2009-12-07 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 10:49, Johannes Graumann wrote:
> Timestamp:
>        2009-05-11 13:30
> Ouch.
>
> Can that be synchronized with the rsync-able repository?

You got some extra instructions (maybe I need to mention them in some
installation notes), but another mirror should be
    http://minimals.contextgarden.net/pragma/
(but I don't update it too often either unless the need arises).

Mojca