* I'm too studpid for Context...
@ 2014-05-23 17:14 Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-23 17:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I believe, it is possible to use in Conext the otf-fonts I have in my
computer. I generated the database, the quert shows me, that the font is
there, but I can not get it in my file. And when I read the chapter in
the Manual or whatever I can find, I read a lot about Typescripts and
unterstand absolutely nothing. I find how to make a typescript for
palatino, which makes no difference, but I don’t unterstand why I
shall make a typescript and how.

Is there a text which tells step by step what I have to so and why? Now
the situation is: I have a lot of Fonts and can use just four. That was
much easier with LaTeX...

* Re: I'm too studpid for Context...
@ 2014-05-23 17:23 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-05-23 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.05.2014 um 19:14 schrieb Werner Hintze <we.hintze@gmail.com>:

> I believe, it is possible to use in Conext the otf-fonts I have in my computer. I generated the database, the quert shows me, that the font is there, but I can not get it in my file. And when I read the chapter in the Manual or whatever I can find, I read a lot about Typescripts and unterstand absolutely nothing. I find how to make a typescript for palatino, which makes no difference, but I don’t unterstand why I shall make a typescript and how.
>
> Is there a text which tells step by step what I have to so and why? Now the situation is: I have a lot of Fonts and can use just four. That was much easier with LaTeX…

The context suite provides the \definefontfamily command which let you select a font (the name of the font goes into the third argument) without the need to write a typescript. Below is a example where I used fonts from my ms office installation.

\definefontfamily [myfontcollection] [serif] [Cambria]
\definefontfamily [myfontcollection] [sans]  [Calibri]
\definefontfamily [myfontcollection] [mono]  [Consolas]
\definefontfamily [myfontcollection] [math]  [Cambria Math]

\setupbodyfont[myfontcollection]

\starttext

{\rm\input ward }

{\ss\input ward }

{\tt\input ward }

\startformula
  c^2 = a^2 + b^2
\stopformula

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: I'm too studpid for Context...
@ 2014-05-24 10:51   ` Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-24 10:51 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you. But I still Don’t unterstand. I believe, I can write so:

     \definefontfamily [myfamily] [serif] [Palatino]
     \setupbodyfont[myfamily, 10pt]

But then I have no italics, bold or small caps. When I write only:

     \setupbodyfont[palatino, 10pt]

all is well. What’ wromg here?

@ 2014-05-24 11:02     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2014-05-24 11:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 24.05.2014 um 12:51 schrieb Werner Hintze <we.hintze@gmail.com>:

> Thank you. But I still Don’t unterstand. I believe, I can write so:
>
> \definefontfamily [myfamily] [serif] [Palatino]
> \setupbodyfont[myfamily, 10pt]
> But then I have no italics, bold or small caps.

Which system do you use?

When I use the default palatino font from OS X only the upright style is shown because
there is a bug in the fontloader when the font is in ttc or font format.
> When I write only:
>
> \setupbodyfont[palatino, 10pt]
> all is well. What’ wromg here?

In this case context uses the tex gyre patella font (a palatino clone), you can load it with
the \definefontfamily command when you write

    \definefontfamily […] […] [TeX Gyre Pagella]

Wolfgang

* Re: I'm too studpid for Context...
@ 2014-05-24 11:55       ` Werner Hintze
From: Werner Hintze @ 2014-05-24 11:55 UTC (permalink / raw)