* \seeindex and processors
@ 2012-07-13  7:57 Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-13  7:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

processors aren’t applied to the second argument of \seeindex, only the first is formatted.

\defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]

\starttext

Apples\index{smallcaps->Apple}

Malus domestica\seeindex{smallcaps->Malus domestica}{smallcaps->Apple}

\placeindex[n=1]

\stoptext

Wolfgang

* Re: \seeindex and processors
@ 2012-07-13 17:23 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-07-13 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 13-7-2012 09:57, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
> Hi Hans,
>
> processors aren’t applied to the second argument of \seeindex, only the first is formatted.
>
> \defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]
>
> \starttext
>
> Apples\index{smallcaps->Apple}
>
> Malus domestica\seeindex{smallcaps->Malus domestica}{smallcaps->Apple}
>
> \placeindex[n=1]
>
> \stoptext

ok, so the next beta will have

\setupinteraction[state=start]

\defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]
\defineprocessor[bold]     [style=\bf]

\starttext

Apples\index{smallcaps->Apple}
Pears\index{Pears}

Malus domestica\seeindex{smallcaps->Malus domestica}{bold->Apple}

Bonus domestica\seeindex{Bonus domestica}{Pears}

\placeindex[n=1]

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: \seeindex and processors
@ 2012-07-13 17:56   ` Andreas Mang
From: Andreas Mang @ 2012-07-13 17:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Hans & Wolfgang,

Thanks for looking into this. I know that this has quite low priority. As it seems to me processors do not really seem to provide the behaviour I had in mind. Clearly, I should have thought of a better example in the first place:

%%%%%%%%%%%%%
\defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]

\starttext

% this works nicely
{\sc Test}\index{smallcaps->Test}

% this is what I want it to look like
% (which does not work for \seeindex[.])
\index{{\sc Cauchy}||Problem}

% this is what I tried after you have suggested
% to use processors, but it does not work (*)
{\sc Cauchy}||Problem\index{{smallcaps->Cauchy}||Problem}

\placeindex[n=1]

\stoptext
%%%%%%%%%%%%%

(*) As you can see I am using smallcaps as an indicator for a "personal name". From looking at the code (I have to admit that I do not know anything about what's beyond the context front end) I think there's no quick solution to get this to work with preprocessors. Am I doing something wrong?

If you do not have the time to look into this right now never mind.

Sorry for the hassle.

Cheers,
Andreas

Am Jul 13, 2012 um 7:23 PM schrieb Hans Hagen:

> On 13-7-2012 09:57, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>> Hi Hans,
>>
>> processors aren’t applied to the second argument of \seeindex, only the first is formatted.
>>
>> \defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]
>>
>> \starttext
>>
>> Apples\index{smallcaps->Apple}
>>
>> Malus domestica\seeindex{smallcaps->Malus domestica}{smallcaps->Apple}
>>
>> \placeindex[n=1]
>>
>> \stoptext
>
> ok, so the next beta will have
>
> \setupinteraction[state=start]
>
> \defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]
> \defineprocessor[bold]     [style=\bf]
>
> \starttext
>
> Apples\index{smallcaps->Apple}
> Pears\index{Pears}
>
> Malus domestica\seeindex{smallcaps->Malus domestica}{bold->Apple}
>
> Bonus domestica\seeindex{Bonus domestica}{Pears}
>
> \placeindex[n=1]
>
> \stoptext

>     tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com

Andreas Mang, MSc
  Research Associate

UNIVERSITY OF LUEBECK
  INSTITUTE OF MEDICAL ENGINEERING

  Division of Computer Science,
  Engineering and Natural Sciences

  Ratzeburger Allee 160, Building 64
  23562 Luebeck, Germany

  Phone: +49 (0) 451 500 5416
  Fax:   +49 (0) 451 500 5403
  mang@imt.uni-luebeck.de
  http://www.imt.uni-luebeck.de

* Re: \seeindex and processors
@ 2012-07-14 15:05     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-14 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 13.07.2012 um 19:56 schrieb Andreas Mang:

> Dear Hans & Wolfgang,
>
> Thanks for looking into this. I know that this has quite low priority. As it seems to me processors do not really seem to provide the behaviour I had in mind. Clearly, I should have thought of a better example in the first place:
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
> \defineprocessor[smallcaps][style=\sc]
>
> \starttext
>
> % this works nicely
> {\sc Test}\index{smallcaps->Test}
>
> % this is what I want it to look like
> % (which does not work for \seeindex[.])
> \index{{\sc Cauchy}||Problem}
>
> % this is what I tried after you have suggested
> % to use processors, but it does not work (*)
> {\sc Cauchy}||Problem\index{{smallcaps->Cauchy}||Problem}
>
> \placeindex[n=1]
>
> \stoptext
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> (*) As you can see I am using smallcaps as an indicator for a "personal name". From looking at the code (I have to admit that I do not know anything about what's beyond the context front end) I think there's no quick solution to get this to work with preprocessors. Am I doing something wrong?

With a simple change of the string type in strc-reg.mkiv you can also use commands/style switches in \seeindex:

\def\strc_registers_insert_see_indeed#1#2#3#4% register key entry seeword
  {\begingroup
        entries = {
            % we need a special one for xml, this is just a single one
-           "\currentregisterentries", "#2"
+           \!!bs\currentregisterentries\!!es, "#2"
        },
        seeword = {
-           text = "\currentregisterseeword"
+           text = \!!bs\currentregisterseeword\!!es
        },
     }
   }}%
   \endgroup}