Dear Luigi, Thanks for you help. Below are some comments on what you wrote: On 19 oct. 08, at 14:44, luigi scarso wrote: > On Sun, Oct 19, 2008 at 2:23 PM, Otared Kavian > wrote: > Hi Luigi, > > Thanks for having taken the time to test the file I gave in my > message. > Indeed my problem comes from luatex not finding the fonts Latin > Modern, which mkii finds without any difficulty… > So minimals are ok. Not really, since my mkii is the one I have in TexLive 2008, updated to ConTeXt ver: 2008.10.17 10:41 MKII fmt: 2008.10.17 int: english/english and it works fine. Up to now I didn't have installed the minimals through the commands given on the Garden. However, since you told me that it works fine, I just tried to install the minimals too, but while generating the formats I get: ! LuaTeX error ...mini/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/luat-tex.lua: 322: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'total' (a nil value). <*> ...texmf-context/tex/context/base/cont-nl.tex \dump Despite this, knowing that I have installed the minimals in a directory /Applications/context-mini and run the file setuptex contained in /Applications/context-mini/tex if I say /Applications/context-mini/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin/texexec basic- test.tex a correct PDF is created, while if I say /Applications/context-mini/tex/texmf-osx-intel/bin/texexec --lua basic-test.tex again I have a blank PDF and the log file says that the fonts Latin Modern are not found. > Since I haven't changed anything in my TeX tree, why is so? > Shouldn't mkiv be able to find what mkii can find? :-) > mkii and miv have different ways to seach files. I understand that, but why isn't mkiv able to find the default fonts? Or are they located at different places? > > > If you have any hint how to tell mkiv to find the default fonts LM, > could you please tell us about that? > context --generate > should be ok. > I always run . setuptex every first time I start a sessione with mkiv > , so I have the correct env variable > But I'm installing a tl2008, so I will be more precise about this. > So once you have an insight please let me know. Many thanks: OK