* How to get the characters in the attached pdf file using ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-26 15:42 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2003-07-26 15:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I could get the proper characters using LaTeX with the preamble:
\usepackage{palatino}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}

The result can be seen below. But I would like to achieve this in
ConTeXt (not necessarily with Palatino). Can anyone give me advice on
the setup commands needed. I have tried various ways but nothing has
worked so far. My ConTeXt input file looks like this without any of the
setups that I had been trying. I am using Gerben's installation on a
Mac G4 OS 10.2.6. Also what command do I need to use mac inputencoding
in ConTeXt. I think I saw it mentioned on one of the manuals but I
cannot find it again.

Thank you very much in advance,

Charlie Doherty

  \definedescription
[term]
[location=serried,headstyle=bold,width=broad,before=\blank,after=\blank]

\starttext

    \term{Smerwick}  {\em Smj\k{o}r-u\'\i k}, `butter bay', Co.\ Kerry.

     \term{Larne}  {\em Ulfreksfj\k{o}r\dh r}, `Ulfrekr's fjord'.
     Now the town of Larne in Co.\ Antrim.

     \term{Strangford}  {\em Strangfj\k{o}r\dh r}, `rough, rapid
     fjord', Co.\ Down.

     \term{Carlingford}  {\em Kerlingafj\k{o}r\dh r}, `fjord of the
     hags', Co.\ Louth.

    \stoptext

[-- Attachment #2: pastedGraphic1.tiff --]
[-- Type: image/tiff, Size: 91718 bytes --]

**************
Charles Doherty,
Department of Early Irish History,
University College Dublin,
Belfield,
Dublin 4
Ireland
Telephone +353 1 7168381

* Re: How to get the characters in the attached pdf file using ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-29 17:05 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-07-29 17:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 14:05 28/07/2003 +0100, you wrote:

>The result can be seen below. But I would like to achieve this in ConTeXt
>(not necessarily with Palatino). Can anyone give me advice on the setup
>commands needed. I have tried various ways but nothing has worked so far.
>My ConTeXt input file looks like this without any of the setups that I had
>been trying. I am using Gerben's installation on a Mac G4 OS 10.2.6. Also
>what command do I need in order to use mac inputencoding in ConTeXt? I
>think I saw it mentioned in one of the manuals but I cannot find it again.
>Of course for the \dh and \k in LaTeX I could not use Mac inputencoding.

can you try:

\enableregime[mac]

for mac input encoding? also, with regard to fonts, since tex distributions
use urw metrics and expect adobe fonts you'll need patricks font mapping file

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* How to get the characters in the attached pdf file using ConTeXt
@ 2003-07-28 13:21 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2003-07-28 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear all,

I have sent this email twice already but return messages said that it
was too large and would be posted at the discretion of the
administrator. I had attached a sample file using only one word from
the original .pdf file in the hope that it would be small enough.
Obviously not! Apologies if I have broken protocol. This time I have
not included an attachment. Apologies again!

I could get the proper characters as seen in the attached sample file
using LaTeX with the preamble:
\usepackage{palatino}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage[applemac]{inputenc}

The result can be seen below. But I would like to achieve this in
ConTeXt (not necessarily with Palatino). Can anyone give me advice on
the setup commands needed. I have tried various ways but nothing has
worked so far. My ConTeXt input file looks like this without any of the
setups that I had been trying. I am using Gerben's installation on a
Mac G4 OS 10.2.6. Also what command do I need in order to use mac
inputencoding in ConTeXt? I think I saw it mentioned in one of the
manuals but I cannot find it again. Of course for the \dh and \k in
LaTeX I could not use Mac inputencoding.

Thank you very much in advance,

Charlie Doherty

  \definedescription
[term]
[location=serried,headstyle=bold,width=broad,before=\blank,after=\blank]

\starttext

     \term {Lambay}  {\em Lamb-\o y}, `Lamb island'. Island north of
     Howth Head.

@ 2003-07-28 13:05 Charles Doherty
From: Charles Doherty @ 2003-07-28 13:05 UTC (permalink / raw)