* break after index
@ 2010-10-26 13:01 Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-10-26 13:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Hans,

in strc-reg.mkiv I found your remark:

   % needs thinking ... bla\index{bla}. will break before the . but adding a
   % penalty is also no solution

Is this problem solved, ie. is there a working solution?

I am working on a book right now where the author set 4906 index marks ... sometimes right-in-the-middle of a word, but most often behind (and before dot or comma).

Steffen

* Re: break after index
@ 2010-10-26 16:03 ` Jano Kula
From: Jano Kula @ 2010-10-26 16:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Steffen,

On 10/26/2010 03:01 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:

> I am working on a book right now where the author set 4906 index marks ... sometimes right-in-the-middle of a word, but most often behind (and before dot or comma).

and what about to clean up the file with regular expression similar to this:

sed -e 's/\b\(\w*\)\\index{\([^}]*\)}/\\index{\2}\1/g' old.tex > new.tex

I would guess, that index entries in the middle of the world break
kerning and hyphenation.

Jano

* Re: break after index
@ 2010-10-26 20:22   ` Steffen Wolfrum
From: Steffen Wolfrum @ 2010-10-26 20:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jano,

Am 26.10.2010 um 18:03 schrieb Jano Kula:

> On 10/26/2010 03:01 PM, Steffen Wolfrum wrote:
>
>> I am working on a book right now where the author set 4906 index marks ... sometimes right-in-the-middle of a word, but most often behind (and before dot or comma).
>
> and what about to clean up the file with regular expression similar to this:

sure, that's what I always do in the end ;o)

But I really don't like this heavy "cleaning" and actually moving things at all.
I would prefer to leave the responsibility to the author ... and change the original document as little as possible.

Steffen