* Simpleslides crash
@ 2012-02-03  6:45 Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-02-03  6:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear Aditya and Thomas,

Using the simpleslides seems impossible with the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV  fmt: 2012.1.31): mkiv stops with a « fatal error » on this minimal test:

%%%%% begin fatal-test.tex
\setupinteraction[state=start]
\usemodule[simpleslides]
	[style=Swoosh,
	font=Palatino,
	size=17pt,
	color=red,
	alternative=stripe]

\setupTitle
	[title={Why fatal error?},
	date={11 février 2012},
	]

\starttext

\placeTitle

\stoptext
%%%%%%%% end fatal-test.tex

Is there a solution?

Thanks in advance: OK
PS: The error message says:

! TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [expansion depth=10000].

system          > tex > error on line 81 in file presentation-test.tex: TeX capacity exceeded, sorry [ ...

\moduleparameter #1#2->\csname
                               \??module \ifcsname \??module #1:#2\endcsname...
\moduleparameter ...?module \ifcsname \??module #1
                                                  :#2\endcsname #1:#2\fi \en...
\moduleparameter ...?module \ifcsname \??module #1
                                                  :#2\endcsname #1:#2\fi \en...
\moduleparameter ...?module \ifcsname \??module #1
                                                  :#2\endcsname #1:#2\fi \en...
\moduleparameter ...?module \ifcsname \??module #1
                                                  :#2\endcsname #1:#2\fi \en...
\moduleparameter ...?module \ifcsname \??module #1
                                                  :#2\endcsname #1:#2\fi \en...
l.81

!  ==> Fatal error occurred, no output PDF file produced!
mtx-context     | fatal error: return code: 1

* Re: Simpleslides crash
@ 2012-02-04  8:01 ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-02-04  8:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2/3/12 7:45 AM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Dear Aditya and Thomas,
>
> Using the simpleslides seems impossible with the latest beta (ConTeXt  ver: 2012.01.25 14:16 MKIV  fmt: 2012.1.31): mkiv stops with a « fatal error » on this minimal test:

Hi Otared,

yes, we're aware of the problem; Aditya is working on a fix; he hopes
it'll be out soon. If your presentation is very urgent, try gong back to
ver 2011.11.29, that is the last one that works with the module in its
current state.

All best

Thomas

* Re: Simpleslides crash
@ 2012-02-04 13:16   ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-02-04 13:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 4 févr. 2012, at 09:01, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>> […]
>
> Hi Otared,
>
> yes, we're aware of the problem; Aditya is working on a fix; he hopes it'll be out soon. If your presentation is very urgent, try gong back to ver 2011.11.29, that is the last one that works with the module in its current state.

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your answer and your suggestion: indeed version 2011.11.29 works fine and since I have it on my Mac, there is no emergency for me to have simpleslides fixed.

Thanks also to Aditya and you for the nice module you have written!

All the best: OK

* Re: Simpleslides crash
@ 2012-02-12 22:34     ` Thomas A. Schmitz
From: Thomas A. Schmitz @ 2012-02-12 22:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 02/04/2012 02:16 PM, Otared Kavian wrote:
> Hi Thomas,
>
> Thanks for your answer and your suggestion: indeed version 2011.11.29
> works fine and since I have it on my Mac, there is no emergency for me
> to have simpleslides fixed.
>
> Thanks also to Aditya and you for the nice module you have written!
>
> All the best: OK

Hi Otared and all,

I have just uploaded a new version of simpleslides which should work
with the latest beta. Thankfully, Aditya has fixed the issue with the
namespace handling which has made the module incompatible with the
latest betas. Since Aditya and I have been taking the module into a
somewhat different direction and added some experimental code to our
development branch, it was a bit difficult to provide a "stable" version
of the module, so we'd be very grateful if you (and of course others)
could take this version for a test drive and provide feedback. We would
love to say that this version is "guaranteed" to work with the current
beta 2012-02-08 and then take up development from here.

All best

Thomas

* Re: Simpleslides crash
@ 2012-02-13  5:09       ` Otared Kavian
From: Otared Kavian @ 2012-02-13  5:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 12 févr. 2012, at 23:34, Thomas A. Schmitz wrote:

>> […]
>
> Hi Otared and all,
>
> I have just uploaded a new version of simpleslides which should work with the latest beta. Thankfully, Aditya has fixed the issue with the namespace handling which has made the module incompatible with the latest betas. Since Aditya and I have been taking the module into a somewhat different direction and added some experimental code to our development branch, it was a bit difficult to provide a "stable" version of the module, so we'd be very grateful if you (and of course others) could take this version for a test drive and provide feedback. We would love to say that this version is "guaranteed" to work with the current beta 2012-02-08 and then take up development from here.
>
> All best
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas and Aditya,

Many thanks to both of you for uploading a new version of your module.
I installed it with ConTeXt version 2012.02.08, and after doing
	context --generate
	context --make --all
I tried the following minimal example, which results in an error (see below)

%%%% begin talk-test.tex
\usemodule
  [simpleslides]
  [style=Swoosh]

\setupTitle
  [title={Testing SimpleSlides},
   author={A.U. Thor},
   date={\currentdate}]

\starttext

\placeTitle

%\stoptext % the title page is typeset correctly

\SlideTitle{First slide}

This module is written by Thomas and Aditya.

\stoptext
%%%% end talk-test.tex

The first page (the title page) is typeset correctly if one uncomment the first « %\stoptext » in the above lines (well, it is not anymore midaligned, but this must be something which can be changed).
However as soon as there is \SlideTitle{First slide}, there is an error message, as follows:
<inserted text>
                }
<to be read again>
                   \endgroup
\meta_handle_use_graphic ...a_process_graphic {#3}
                                                  \endgroup
\meta_use_graphic ...aphic \currentMPgraphicname }
                                                  \empty \meta_end_graphic_g...
<to be read again>
                   \else
\executedefinedoverlay ...e \everyoverlay #2\else
                                                  \lower \d_framed_target_dp…

Best regards: OK