I have been looking at lmt_followtext and followtext to get typesetting done along a path. That works fine, except that in my case, I need the text to not be exactly on that path, I need it to hover slightly above tor below he path. Given that the path may have an unpredictable form, that means that all the glyphs need to be shifted a bit, there is no generic transfrom of the entire text string that will work, It should look a bit like this: Could I for instance change a TeX snippet to shift all the glyphs (individually) up a bit before handing it to followtext(), that would be a non-intelligent way of going about it (as it would of course also stretch/shrink the space between the glyphs when a bend is rounded, but I can live with that for now) G