From: Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@googlemail.com>
Subject: Re: \starbuffer in own macros
Date: Mon, 19 Oct 2009 00:50:50 +0200	[thread overview]

Am 18.10.2009 um 12:02 schrieb Andreas Harder:

>> Before I help you provide us with more information, e.g. should the
>> text in the buffer
>> appear also in the complete text or do you it only in the snippet?
>
> Sorry, that I did not make myself clear. The real setup is: I've a
> lot of line numbered text in the appendix of the document. In the
> body I'd like to cite out of it (with the same line numbers as in
> the source/appendix). The appendix should stay unchanged.

For the beginning you can play with this code, it has to be changed
in a few parts (e.g. make \setuplines local) but it's what I can read
from your description above and the code you showed in the previous
message.

\def\doifelsesamelinereference#1#2#3%
   {\doifreferencefoundelse{lr:b:#1}
      {\edef\fline{\currentreferencedefault}% was \currentreferencetext
       \doifreferencefoundelse{lr:e:#1}
         {\edef\tline{\currentreferencedefault}% was
\currentreferencetext
          \ifx\fline\tline#2\else#3\fi}
         {\unknownreference{#1}#2}}
      {\unknownreference{#1}#2}}

\def\startMyCite[#1]%
   {\def\stopMyCite
      {\setuplines[before=,after=]%
       \startlines\startline[#1]\getbuffer[#1]\stopline[#1]\stoplines
       \savebuffer[#1]}%
    \dostartbuffer[#1][startMyCite][stopMyCite]}

\def\getMyCite[#1]%
   {\doifreferencefoundelse{lr:b:#1}
      {\startlinenumbering[\currentreferencedefault]}
       \startlinenumbering
    \startlines\readfile{\jobname-#1.tmp}{}{}\stoplines
    \stoplinenumbering}

\starttext

\startbodymatter
   test text test text test text test text test text test text test
   text test text test text test text test text test text test text

   she told: \getMyCite[test] % perhaps better \getMyCite[test]

   test text test text test text test text test text test text test
   text test text test text test text test text test text test text
\stopbodymatter

\startappendices
   \startlinenumbering
     We thrive in information--thick worlds because of our marvelous
     and everyday ca- pacity to select, edit, single out, structure,
     highlight, group, pair, merge, harmo- nize, synthesize, focus,
     \startMyCite[test]
       organize, condense, reduce, boil down, choose, categorize,
       catalog, classify, list, abstract, scan, look into, idealize,
       isolate, discriminate, dis- tinguish, screen, pigeonhole, pick
       over, sort, integrate, blend, inspect, filter, lump, skip,
       smooth, chunk, average, approximate, cluster, aggregate,
       outline, summarize, itemize, review, dip into, flip through,
       browse, glance into, leaf through,
     \stopMyCite
     skim, re- fine, enumerate, glean, synopsize, winnow the wheat from
     the chaff and separate the sheep from the goats.
   \stoplinenumbering
\stopappendices

\stoptext

Wolfgang