* Underlining URLs
@ 2003-01-18 22:53 Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-18 22:53 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello ConTeXt users out there,

I'd like to underline a hyperlink to an url (with \goto), so that it
is visible while reading with the acrobat reader but not visible when
printed. The default appearance is boldface. There are a lot of
examples of these kind of hyperlinks out there. For example the xml
spec (iirc the url is http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006.pdf)

Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

Patrick

* Re: Underlining URLs
@ 2003-01-19  0:13 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-01-19  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am Samstag, 18.01.03, um 23:53 Uhr (Europe/Zurich) schrieb Patrick
Gundlach:

> I'd like to underline a hyperlink to an url (with \goto), so that it
> is visible while reading with the acrobat reader but not visible when
> printed. The default appearance is boldface. There are a lot of

\startnotmode[handout]
	\setupinteraction	[color=blue, style={\tf\underbars}]
	\setupunderbar	[alternative=a, rulecolor=green]
\stopnotmode
\startmode[handout]
	\setupinteraction	[color=black, style={\em}]
\stopmode

That implicites that you'll make two different PDFs; one for screen and
one for print (--mode=handout).
If you're looking for hoover links I can't help you.

Grüßlis vom Hraban!
--
www.fiee.net/texnique/
www.ramm.ch/context/

* Re: Underlining URLs
@ 2003-01-20 10:15 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2003-01-20 10:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

At 11:53 PM 1/18/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>Hello ConTeXt users out there,
>
>I'd like to underline a hyperlink to an url (with \goto), so that it
>is visible while reading with the acrobat reader but not visible when
>printed. The default appearance is boldface. There are a lot of
>examples of these kind of hyperlinks out there. For example the xml
>spec (iirc the url is http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xml-20001006.pdf)
>
>Does anybody know how to accomplish this?

i never came to support 'viewer specific' hyperlinks because it is so
viewer dependent; if there is a real need for this i can look into it some
day; the problem is (1) to get rid of viewer inconsistencies [spacing and
so] and (2) incorporant it into context in a configurable way.

Hans

                                   Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE | pragma@wxs.nl

* Re: Underlining URLs
@ 2003-01-20 10:20   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-20 10:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Henning Hraban Ramm <hraban@fiee.net> writes:

Hello Henning,

>> I'd like to underline a hyperlink to an url (with \goto), so that it
>> is visible while reading with the acrobat reader but not visible when
>> printed. The default appearance is boldface. There are a lot of
>

> That implicites that you'll make two different PDFs; one for screen and
> one for print (--mode=handout).

Thanks Henning, but that is not what I wanted. I want to have only one
pdf file. When viewed the links should appear underlined (or with a
box) but not when printed.

Patrick

* Re: Underlining URLs
@ 2003-01-22 22:46   ` Patrick Gundlach
From: Patrick Gundlach @ 2003-01-22 22:46 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> writes:

>>Does anybody know how to accomplish this?
>
> i never came to support 'viewer specific' hyperlinks because it is so
> viewer dependent; if there is a real need for this i can look into it
> some day; the problem is (1) to get rid of viewer inconsistencies
> [spacing and so] and (2) incorporant it into context in a configurable
> way.

I had a look in the pdf spec and I have just changed /Border [0 0 0]
to /Border [0 0 1] in the pdf file. It would be nice if I could do
this in ConTeXt, without editing the pdf file by hand :) (Actually,
this is no underlining, but a box around the hyperlink).

From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2003-01-19  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)