* \em after font fallbacks
@ 2012-04-02  9:37 S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-04-02  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

My main font is Japanese and I'm falling back on a different font for
Latin characters.

The \it switch works fine, but \em renders the Japanese font (e.g. page
numbers in the index). Is there a way to have \em use the italic (of the
fallback font)?

Thanks,
Severin

* Re: \em after font fallbacks
@ 2012-04-02 12:18 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-02 12:18 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.04.2012 um 11:37 schrieb S Barmeier:

> My main font is Japanese and I'm falling back on a different font for
> Latin characters.
>
> The \it switch works fine, but \em renders the Japanese font (e.g. page
> numbers in the index). Is there a way to have \em use the italic (of the
> fallback font)?

\em uses the slanted font but you change this with the following setup:

\setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]

Wolfgang

* Re: \em after font fallbacks
@ 2012-04-02 13:10   ` S Barmeier
From: S Barmeier @ 2012-04-02 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

> Am 02.04.2012 um 11:37 schrieb S Barmeier:
>
>> My main font is Japanese and I'm falling back on a different font for
>> Latin characters.
>>
>> The \it switch works fine, but \em renders the Japanese font (e.g. page
>> numbers in the index). Is there a way to have \em use the italic (of the
>> fallback font)?
>
> \em uses the slanted font but you change this with the following setup:
>
> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
>
> Wolfgang

This works for \em in the text, but the page numbers in the index still
don't use the font fallback...

What switch is used for them? They resembled italics when I was loading
fonts with the simplefonts module.

Severin

* Re: \em after font fallbacks
@ 2012-04-02 13:17     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-04-02 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 02.04.2012 um 15:10 schrieb S Barmeier:

> On 04/02/2012 09:18 PM, Wolfgang Schuster wrote:
>>
>> Am 02.04.2012 um 11:37 schrieb S Barmeier:
>>
>>> My main font is Japanese and I'm falling back on a different font for
>>> Latin characters.
>>>
>>> The \it switch works fine, but \em renders the Japanese font (e.g. page
>>> numbers in the index). Is there a way to have \em use the italic (of the
>>> fallback font)?
>>
>> \em uses the slanted font but you change this with the following setup:
>>
>> \setupbodyfontenvironment[default][em=italic]
>>
>> Wolfgang
>
> This works for \em in the text, but the page numbers in the index still
> don't use the font fallback...
>
> What switch is used for them? They resembled italics when I was loading
> fonts with the simplefonts module.

The page number also use the slanted font but most fonts provide only italic
which is then also used for slanted. You change the style of the number with

  \setupregister[index][pagestyle=italic]

Wolfgang