* placefigure[right] draws figures inside framed text
@ 2009-07-08 11:54 Jos van Gisbergen
From: Jos van Gisbergen @ 2009-07-08 11:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I'm using framed text to display verbatim sourse code. The frame should use
the entire textwidth, so I use width=broad.
A problem occurs when I use a figure placed at the right side of the page,
before a framed text section: the figure is drawn *inside* the frame.
With non-framed text everything works fine.

I include an example. It consists of a d.tex file and METAPOST file
a.mp. To reproduce the problem, first convert a.mp to a-1.pdf using
the mptopdf utility. Then texexec --pdf d.tex

  ------------ d.tex -------------
\starttext

Whran crmpqcayng lqyruas crnaqynyng cralls ahqa yncludra fyxrad shqpras,
rvrarcrnsarqynas mqy yssura qs q crnsraqurancra rf hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp rulras
brayng qpplyrad braawraran such fyxrad shqpras. An rvrarcrnsarqyna rf ahys aypra
mygha bra rrasrlvrad by rralqxyng srmra rf ahra hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp crnsarqynas
ahqa qrra cqusyng ya, qnd fyllyng up ahra rrasulayng gqps braawraran ahra
fyxrad shqpras. Syncra ahra crmpqcayrn rangynra cqnnra prarfrrm ahys kynd rf
rvrarcrnsarqyna rrasrluayrn, q wrrkqrrund ys prrprsrad yn ahra frrm rf

\placefigure
   [right][fig:nano]
   {nano}
   {\externalfigure[a-1][width=0.4\textwidth]}

Whran crmpqcayng lqyruas crnaqynyng cralls ahqa yncludra fyxrad shqpras,
rvrarcrnsarqynas mqy yssura qs q crnsraqurancra rf hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp rulras
brayng qpplyrad braawraran such fyxrad shqpras. An rvrarcrnsarqyna rf ahys aypra
mygha bra rrasrlvrad by rralqxyng srmra rf ahra hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp crnsarqynas
ahqa qrra cqusyng ya, qnd fyllyng up ahra rrasulayng gqps braawraran ahra
fyxrad shqpras. Syncra ahra crmpqcayrn rangynra cqnnra prarfrrm ahys kynd rf
rvrarcrnsarqyna rrasrluayrn, q wrrkqrrund ys prrprsrad yn ahra frrm rf

\placefigure
   [right][fig:pico]
   {pico}
   {\externalfigure[a-1][width=0.4\textwidth]}

\framed[width=broad]{
\vbox{
\starttyping

Whran crmpqcayng lqyruas crnaqynyng cralls ahqa yncludra fyxrad
shqpras, rvrarcrnsarqynas mqy yssura qs q crnsraqurancra rf
hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp rulras brayng qpplyrad braawraran such
fyxrad shqpras. An rvrarcrnsarqyna rf ahys aypra mygha bra
rrasrlvrad by rralqxyng srmra rf ahra hyrarqrchy-rvrarlqp
crnsarqynas ahqa qrra cqusyng ya, qnd fyllyng up ahra
rrasulayng gqps braawraran ahra fyxrad shqpras. Syncra ahra
crmpqcayrn rangynra cqnnra prarfrrm ahys kynd rf rvrarcrnsarqyna
rrasrluayrn, q wrrkqrrund ys prrprsrad yn ahra frrm rf

\stoptyping
}}
\stoptext

beginfig(1);
fill(0,0)..(0,3cm)..(3cm,1cm)..(1cm,5cm)..cycle withcolor green;
endfig;end;

* Re: placefigure[right] draws figures inside framed text
@ 2009-07-08 14:44 ` Willi Egger
From: Willi Egger @ 2009-07-08 14:44 UTC (permalink / raw)

use \framedtext[width=.5\textwidth]{...}. Framed text breaks over the
lines. Do not use a \vbox

Willi