* Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 18:54 Luiz Borges Gomide do Nascimento
From: Luiz Borges Gomide do Nascimento @ 2012-04-17 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ConTeXt List

Can anybody tell me how to correctly configure Notepad++ to use
ConTeXt? I'm just starting with ConTeXt (and Tex BTW) and Scite seems
to be too unpolished. One advantage that I can see of Scite over
Notepad++ is that it has some autocompletion, besides that I think the
interface and its "tools" are terrible.

Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.

Regards,
Luiz Borges

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 20:34         ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد @ 2012-04-17 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:49:18 -0600, Luiz Borges <luizbgomide@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello Hans,
> There is a page on the wiki
> (http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Notepad%2B%2B) but it was modified 3
> years ago and targets a 2007 version of Notepad++ (4.2).

Actually 2009: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/File:Npp_ConTeXt-Uni.zip

But it's about time for an update, which I will aim to do by this Friday.

Everybody: If there is anybody who can compile a C++ plugin on this list
there are some trivial tweaks we can do to make this even more useful.
Just let me know!

Best wishes
Idris
International Journal of Shiʿi Studies
Department of Philosophy
Colorado State University
Fort Collins, CO 80523

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 20:20       ` Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد
From: Idris Samawi Hamid ادريس  سماوي حامد @ 2012-04-17 20:20 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jaroslav,

On Tue, 17 Apr 2012 13:43:26 -0600, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:

> On 17-4-2012 21:33, Luiz Borges wrote:
>> Hi Jaroslav,
>> Notepad++ also supports TeX out the box, but I don't know if it can be
>> configured to provide autocompletion and which Run Commands I need to
>> create (and how). SciTE and Notepad++ shares the same base
>> (Scintilla), but Notepad++ is far more polished.
>
> Idris is the notepad ++ expert (isn't there a wiki page on it?) One
> problem I have with notepad ++ is that it's not cross platform while
> scite runs on win and lin (and on osx but there it somehow lacks lpeg
> lexer support).

I'm happy to help you with N++. Even last week I searched to see if
something better came along, but nothing yet ... I've implemented some
more (experimental) context features to make n++ even more useful, like
right-click tagging of commonly used commands etc. Everything else you
mentioned is already there.

Right now I'm at work but write me privately and let's chat tomorrow if
you are available.

WRT Hans' important point: N++ has global bidi support, and is much more
configurable by non-developers like myself. I simply have not found
anything x-platform that comes close.

OTOH, I tried to keep most of the ConTeXt shortcuts the same as Hans'
Scite configuration. so users can jump from one to the other with ease.

@ 2012-04-17 20:04 ` John Devereux
From: John Devereux @ 2012-04-17 20:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Luiz Borges <luizbgomide@gmail.com> writes:

> Can anybody tell me how to correctly configure Notepad++ to use
> ConTeXt? I'm just starting with ConTeXt (and Tex BTW) and Scite seems
> to be too unpolished. One advantage that I can see of Scite over
> Notepad++ is that it has some autocompletion, besides that I think the
> interface and its "tools" are terrible.
>
> Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
> standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.

There is also texworks.

--

John Devereux

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 19:49       ` Luiz Borges
From: Luiz Borges @ 2012-04-17 19:49 UTC (permalink / raw)

2012/4/17 Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl>:
> On 17-4-2012 21:33, Luiz Borges wrote:
>>
>> Hi Jaroslav,
>> Notepad++ also supports TeX out the box, but I don't know if it can be
>> configured to provide autocompletion and which Run Commands I need to
>> create (and how). SciTE and Notepad++ shares the same base
>> (Scintilla), but Notepad++ is far more polished.
>

> Idris is the notepad ++ expert (isn't there a wiki page on it?) One problem
> I have with notepad ++ is that it's not cross platform while scite runs on
> win and lin (and on osx but there it somehow lacks lpeg lexer support).
>
> Hans

>                                          Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
>              Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands
>    tel: 038 477 53 69 | voip: 087 875 68 74 | www.pragma-ade.com
>                                             | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 19:43     ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-04-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Luiz,
The PSPad can run many external programs (. BAT. EXE). You can set
several compilers for a given file type (ie LaTeX compilation, LuaTEX,
ConTeXt, XeTEX, ...) and i autocompletations. This can be set quite
easily (three or four click on setup menu ...)..

Jaroslav

Dne 17.4.2012 21:33, Luiz Borges napsal(a):
> Hi Jaroslav,
> Notepad++ also supports TeX out the box, but I don't know if it can be
> configured to provide autocompletion and which Run Commands I need to
> create (and how). SciTE and Notepad++ shares the same base
> (Scintilla), but Notepad++ is far more polished.
>
> Regards,
> Luiz Borges
>
> 2012/4/17 Jaroslav Hajtmar<hajtmar@gyza.cz>:
>
>> Hi Luiz
>> I recommend PSPad (http://www.pspad.com/en/) Try it.
>> I can not say that directly support ConTeXt, but TeX quite understand.
>> SciTE seems flawless, but I'm so used to PSPad that I can leave it :-).
>>
>> Jaroslav Hajtmar
>>

>> Dne 17.4.2012 20:31, Luiz Borges napsal(a):
>>
>>> Can anybody tell me how to correctly configure Notepad++ to use
>>> ConTeXt? I'm just starting with ConTeXt (and Tex BTW) and Scite seems
>>> to be too unpolished. One advantage that I can see of Scite over
>>> Notepad++ is that it has some autocompletion, besides that I think the
>>> interface and its "tools" are terrible.
>>>
>>> Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
>>> standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Luiz Borges

>>> ___________________________________________________________________________________

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 19:43     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2012-04-17 19:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 17-4-2012 21:33, Luiz Borges wrote:
> Hi Jaroslav,
> Notepad++ also supports TeX out the box, but I don't know if it can be
> configured to provide autocompletion and which Run Commands I need to
> create (and how). SciTE and Notepad++ shares the same base
> (Scintilla), but Notepad++ is far more polished.

Idris is the notepad ++ expert (isn't there a wiki page on it?) One
problem I have with notepad ++ is that it's not cross platform while
scite runs on win and lin (and on osx but there it somehow lacks lpeg
lexer support).

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE
                                              | www.pragma-pod.nl

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 19:39 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-04-17 19:39 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, Apr 17 2012, Luiz Borges wrote:

> Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
> standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.

Emacs.

--
           Peter

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 19:33   ` Luiz Borges
From: Luiz Borges @ 2012-04-17 19:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jaroslav,
Notepad++ also supports TeX out the box, but I don't know if it can be
configured to provide autocompletion and which Run Commands I need to
create (and how). SciTE and Notepad++ shares the same base
(Scintilla), but Notepad++ is far more polished.

Regards,
Luiz Borges

2012/4/17 Jaroslav Hajtmar <hajtmar@gyza.cz>:
> Hi Luiz
> I recommend PSPad (http://www.pspad.com/en/) Try it.
> I can not say that directly support ConTeXt, but TeX quite understand.
> SciTE seems flawless, but I'm so used to PSPad that I can leave it :-).
>
> Jaroslav Hajtmar
>

> Dne 17.4.2012 20:31, Luiz Borges napsal(a):
>>
>> Can anybody tell me how to correctly configure Notepad++ to use
>> ConTeXt? I'm just starting with ConTeXt (and Tex BTW) and Scite seems
>> to be too unpolished. One advantage that I can see of Scite over
>> Notepad++ is that it has some autocompletion, besides that I think the
>> interface and its "tools" are terrible.
>>
>> Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
>> standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Luiz Borges

* Re: Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 18:52 ` Jaroslav Hajtmar
From: Jaroslav Hajtmar @ 2012-04-17 18:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi Luiz
I recommend PSPad (http://www.pspad.com/en/) Try it.
I can not say that directly support ConTeXt, but TeX quite understand.
SciTE seems flawless, but I'm so used to PSPad that I can leave it :-).

Jaroslav Hajtmar

Dne 17.4.2012 20:31, Luiz Borges napsal(a):
> Can anybody tell me how to correctly configure Notepad++ to use
> ConTeXt? I'm just starting with ConTeXt (and Tex BTW) and Scite seems
> to be too unpolished. One advantage that I can see of Scite over
> Notepad++ is that it has some autocompletion, besides that I think the
> interface and its "tools" are terrible.
>
> Also, is there anyother noteworthy editor that works nicely with
> standalone context? Preferably with spell-check and auto-completion.
>
> Regards,
> Luiz Borges

* Notepad++ configuration
@ 2012-04-17 18:31 Luiz Borges