* \startfloattext ... \stopfloattext
@ 2013-09-09 12:38 Christian Prim
From: Christian Prim @ 2013-09-09 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)

What is the context way to place text near a table (or another float) in an
enumeration-environment?

I just want to have the text "just this...." right to the table. The second
item "2)" should be below the table.

In the (not so) MWE all is fine, but the table is not indented.

When I use \placetable the text is indented, but the second item is placed
near the table on the right. (I could insert a \blank[xycm] but I don't
think it's the way to solve my problem.)

Thanks for all comments

Christian

\starttext
\startitemize[n,packed,joinedup][stopper=)]
\item Abhängigkeit der Beschleunigung von der Wagenmasse $m$:
\blank
$M=$ \hl[5] \unit{kg}
\blank
\starttabletext[left,high,none]{}{
%\placetable[left,high,none]{}{
\starttable[|l|l|]
\HL
\VL $m$ in kg \VL $a$ in \unit{m isquare s} \VL\NR
\HL
\VL \qquad \VL \qquad \VL\AR
\VL \VL \VL\AR
\HL
\VL \VL \VL\AR
\VL \VL \VL\AR
\HL
\VL \VL \VL\AR
\VL \VL \VL\AR
\HL
\stoptable}
Just this text near the table!
\stoptabletext
\item second item ...
\stoptext

* Re: \startfloattext ... \stopfloattext
@ 2013-09-09 14:30 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2013-09-09 14:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

On 9/9/2013 2:38 PM, Christian Prim wrote:
> What is the context way to place text near a table (or another float) in
> an enumeration-environment?
>
> I just want to have the text "just this...." right to the table. The
> second item "2)" should be below the table.
>
> In the (not so) MWE all is fine, but the table is not indented.
>
> When I use \placetable the text is indented, but the second item is
> placed near the table on the right. (I could insert a \blank[xycm] but I
> don't think it's the way to solve my problem.)
>
> Thanks for all comments
>
> Christian
>
> \starttext
> \startitemize[n,packed,joinedup][stopper=)]
> \item Abhängigkeit der Beschleunigung von der Wagenmasse $m$:
> \blank
> $M=$ \hl[5] \unit{kg}
> \blank
> \starttabletext[left,high,none]{}{
> %\placetable[left,high,none]{}{
> \starttable[|l|l|]
> \HL
> \VL $m$ in kg \VL $a$ in \unit{m isquare s} \VL\NR
> \HL
> \VL \qquad \VL \qquad \VL\AR
> \VL \VL \VL\AR
> \HL
> \VL \VL \VL\AR
> \VL \VL \VL\AR
> \HL
> \VL \VL \VL\AR
> \VL \VL \VL\AR
> \HL
> \stoptable}
> Just this text near the table!
> \stoptabletext
> \item second item ...
> \stoptext

one of the solution is to use paired boxes:

\starttext

\definepairedbox
   [mylegend]
   [location={right,top}] % width=10cm

\startitemize[n,packed,joinedup][stopper=)]
     \startitem
         some introduction text \blank and some more \blank
         \startplacemylegend
             \startcontent
                 \starttable[|l|l|]
                     \HL \VL foo     \VL bar \VL \NR \HL
                     \VL \VL \VL \AR \VL \VL \VL \AR \HL
                     \VL \VL \VL \AR \VL \VL \VL \AR \HL
                     \VL \VL \VL \AR \VL \VL \VL \AR \HL
                 \stoptable
             \stopcontent
             \startcaption
                 \input ward
             \stopcaption
         \stopplacemylegend
     \stopitem
     \startitem
         and even more
     \stopitem
\stopitemize

\stoptext

I patched the beta a bit so that for a horizontal variant the hsize is
calculated automatically.

Hans

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2013-09-09 18:13   ` Christian Prim