* usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-20 10:39 Thomas Friedrich
From: Thomas Friedrich @ 2012-07-20 10:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello together,

my old set-up was an Ubuntu/tex-live installation, but I recently
(finally) did a reset-up, and I am now running ArchLinux together with
the context-minimals-git from AUR [1].  This should contain the latest
build.  As I understand it, there has been an update to the
letter-module, but there is currently no updated documentation
available. Is this correct?

Please have a look at the following minimal example

------ >8 ------ min-ex.tex
\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[de]

\usemodule[letter]

\setupletter
    [ toname={Max Musterman}
    , toaddress={Musterstraße 10}
    , fromname={Me}
    , fromaddress={Muster Weg 10}
    , phone={0123-45678}
    , mobile={0175-31689}
    , date=\currentdate
    , list={phone,mobile,date}
    , subject={This is a minimal example with missing reference list}
    , opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,}
    , closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,}
    , signature={Me}
    ]

\startletter
\input knuth
\stopletter
------ >8 ------

$ texexec min-ex.tex

or

$ context min-ex.tex

will only display the current date on the very right, but no phone or
mobile number.

1) What is the new way of setting up the reference line?
2) Please also note the "space" between the addresser and his/her
address in the addressee field. Is there a way to get rid of this
space?

Thank you very much for your help.

Thomas

* Re: usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-20 13:28 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-20 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 20.07.2012 um 12:39 schrieb Thomas Friedrich:

> Hello together,
>
> my old set-up was an Ubuntu/tex-live installation, but I recently
> (finally) did a reset-up, and I am now running ArchLinux together with
> the context-minimals-git from AUR [1].  This should contain the latest
> build.  As I understand it, there has been an update to the
> letter-module, but there is currently no updated documentation
> available. Is this correct?
>
> Please have a look at the following minimal example
>
> ------ >8 ------ min-ex.tex
> \enableregime[utf]
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \usemodule[letter]
>
> \setupletter
>    [ toname={Max Musterman}
>    , toaddress={Musterstraße 10}
>    , fromname={Me}
>    , fromaddress={Muster Weg 10}
>    , phone={0123-45678}
>    , mobile={0175-31689}
>    , date=\currentdate
>    , list={phone,mobile,date}
>    , subject={This is a minimal example with missing reference list}
>    , opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,}
>    , closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,}
>    , signature={Me}
>    ]
>
> \startletter
> \input knuth
> \stopletter
> ------ >8 ------
>
> $ texexec min-ex.tex
>
> or
>
> $ context min-ex.tex
>
> will only display the current date on the very right, but no phone or
> mobile number.
>
> 1) What is the new way of setting up the reference line?

\setupletterlayer[reference][list={…}]

> 2) Please also note the "space" between the addresser and his/her
> address in the addressee field. Is there a way to get rid of this
> space?

Put the comma to separate the entries at the end of the line and not at the begin of the next because the end of the line results otherwise in a space.

\enableregime[utf]
\mainlanguage[de]

\usemodule[letter]

\setupletterlayer
  [reference]
  [list={phone,mobile,date}]

\setupletter
  [toname={Max Musterman},
   toaddress={Musterstraße 10},
   fromname={Me},
   fromaddress={Muster Weg 10},
   phone={0123-45678},
   mobile={0175-31689},
  %date=\currentdate,
   subject={This is a minimal example with reference list},
   opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,},
   closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,},
   signature={Me}]

\startletter
\input knuth
\stopletter

Wolfgang

* Re: usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-20 14:10 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2012-07-20 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 20 Jul 2012, Thomas Friedrich wrote:

> Hello together,
>
> my old set-up was an Ubuntu/tex-live installation, but I recently
> (finally) did a reset-up, and I am now running ArchLinux together with
> the context-minimals-git from AUR [1]. This should contain the latest
> build.

Yes, context-minimals-git is just a wrapper around first-setup.sh to make
it easier to install and uninstall the context package.

> As I understand it, there has been an update to the
> letter-module, but there is currently no updated documentation
> available. Is this correct?
>
> Please have a look at the following minimal example
>
> ------ >8 ------ min-ex.tex
> \enableregime[utf]
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \usemodule[letter]
>
> \setupletter
>    [ toname={Max Musterman}
>    , toaddress={Musterstraße 10}
>    , fromname={Me}
>    , fromaddress={Muster Weg 10}
>    , phone={0123-45678}
>    , mobile={0175-31689}
>    , date=\currentdate
>    , list={phone,mobile,date}
>    , subject={This is a minimal example with missing reference list}
>    , opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,}
>    , closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,}
>    , signature={Me}
>    ]

Note that ConTeXt has a very strict way of specifying key-value options.
You need

\setupletter
    [
      key=value,
    ]

You cannot have any space around the "=" sign **or** the ",". For the last
option, you must either have a comma on the same line or the closing
bracket on the same line. So, use

\setupletter
    [
      signature={Me},
    ]

> \startletter
> \input knuth
> \stopletter
> ------ >8 ------
>
> $ texexec min-ex.tex
>
> or
>
> $ context min-ex.tex
>
> will only display the current date on the very right, but no phone or
> mobile number.

Perhaps because the list is set to "{phone,mobile,date}\n".

> 1) What is the new way of setting up the reference line?
> 2) Please also note the "space" between the addresser and his/her
> address in the addressee field. Is there a way to get rid of this
> space?

Aditya

* Re: usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-23  9:56   ` Thomas Friedrich
From: Thomas Friedrich @ 2012-07-23  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thank you so much, Wolfgang, it worked!

However, even though the mobile number shows on page, it comes without
a header "Mobile" above it.  Is there a list of what references are
recognised by the letter-module in the reference list when using "de"
as the main language?

Cheers,
Thomas

2012/7/20 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:

> Am 20.07.2012 um 12:39 schrieb Thomas Friedrich:
>
>> Hello together,
>>
>> my old set-up was an Ubuntu/tex-live installation, but I recently
>> (finally) did a reset-up, and I am now running ArchLinux together with
>> the context-minimals-git from AUR [1].  This should contain the latest
>> build.  As I understand it, there has been an update to the
>> letter-module, but there is currently no updated documentation
>> available. Is this correct?
>>
>> Please have a look at the following minimal example
>>
>> ------ >8 ------ min-ex.tex
>> \enableregime[utf]
>> \mainlanguage[de]
>>
>> \usemodule[letter]
>>
>> \setupletter
>>    [ toname={Max Musterman}
>>    , toaddress={Musterstraße 10}
>>    , fromname={Me}
>>    , fromaddress={Muster Weg 10}
>>    , phone={0123-45678}
>>    , mobile={0175-31689}
>>    , date=\currentdate
>>    , list={phone,mobile,date}
>>    , subject={This is a minimal example with missing reference list}
>>    , opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,}
>>    , closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,}
>>    , signature={Me}
>>    ]
>>
>> \startletter
>> \input knuth
>> \stopletter
>> ------ >8 ------
>>
>> $ texexec min-ex.tex
>>
>> or
>>
>> $ context min-ex.tex
>>
>> will only display the current date on the very right, but no phone or
>> mobile number.
>>
>> 1) What is the new way of setting up the reference line?
>
> \setupletterlayer[reference][list={…}]
>
>> 2) Please also note the "space" between the addresser and his/her
>> address in the addressee field. Is there a way to get rid of this
>> space?
>

> Put the comma to separate the entries at the end of the line and not at the begin of the next because the end of the line results otherwise in a space.
>
> \enableregime[utf]
> \mainlanguage[de]
>
> \usemodule[letter]
>
> \setupletterlayer
>   [reference]
>   [list={phone,mobile,date}]
>
> \setupletter
>   [toname={Max Musterman},
>    toaddress={Musterstraße 10},
>    fromname={Me},
>    fromaddress={Muster Weg 10},
>    phone={0123-45678},
>    mobile={0175-31689},
>   %date=\currentdate,
>    subject={This is a minimal example with reference list},
>    opening={Sehr geehrter Mustermann,},
>    closing={Mit freundlichen Grüßen,},
>    signature={Me}]
>

> \startletter
> \input knuth
> \stopletter
>
> Wolfgang

* Re: usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-23 10:02   ` Thomas Friedrich
From: Thomas Friedrich @ 2012-07-23 10:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

I really had no idea that ConTeXt is so strict when assigning values.
I always used this notation, since it helps you to _not_ forget any
commas. I always thought the value-string would end with the last '}'.
 Thanks for pointing this out, Aditya. That is really good to know.

Thomas

* Re: usemodule[letter]
@ 2012-07-23 10:08     ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2012-07-23 10:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 23.07.2012 um 11:56 schrieb Thomas Friedrich:

> Thank you so much, Wolfgang, it worked!
>
> However, even though the mobile number shows on page, it comes without
> a header "Mobile" above it.  Is there a list of what references are
> recognised by the letter-module in the reference list when using "de"
> as the main language?

You can change existing string or add missing string with

in your case you need

  \setuplettertext[de][mobile=Mobile]

Wolfgang