* Unexpected behaviour of enumeration in mkiv
@ 2013-11-15 16:02 Thomas Möbius
From: Thomas Möbius @ 2013-11-15 16:02 UTC (permalink / raw)

please have a look at the minimal example at the bottom.  I am
typesetting theorems and lemmata which are numbered consecutively
within chapters in a book.  I used the same code for a document
written in mkii, and I thought I could just reuse it in mkiv.
Obviously, there is something I am missing.  Question: How do I get
the same output when compiling the following code with 'context' as
when compiled with 'texexec'.

When compiled with 'context', the chapter number is missing in the
numbering of theorems. Lemmas are not numbered at all.

~~~snip~~~
\setupenumerations
    [title=yes,
    style=normal,
    list=all,
    before={\blank[big]},
    after={\blank[big]},
    location=serried,
    width=broad,
    distance=0.5em,
    headstyle=bold,
    titlestyle=bold,
    way=bychapter,
    conversion=numbers]

\defineenumeration
    [theorem]
    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]

\defineenumeration
    [lemma]
    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, number=theorem]

\starttext

\chapter{First chapter}

\theorem Hello

\theorem Hello

\lemma Hello

\theorem Hello

\stoptext
~~~snip~~~

* Re: Unexpected behaviour of enumeration in mkiv
@ 2013-11-18  9:45 ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-11-18  9:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 15.11.2013 um 17:02 schrieb Thomas Möbius <kontakt@thomasmoebius.de>:

> Hi,
>
> please have a look at the minimal example at the bottom.  I am
> typesetting theorems and lemmata which are numbered consecutively
> within chapters in a book.  I used the same code for a document
> written in mkii, and I thought I could just reuse it in mkiv.
> Obviously, there is something I am missing.  Question: How do I get
> the same output when compiling the following code with 'context' as
> when compiled with 'texexec'.
>
> When compiled with 'context', the chapter number is missing in the
> numbering of theorems. Lemmas are not numbered at all.
>
> ~~~snip~~~
> \setupenumerations
>    [title=yes,
>    style=normal,
>    list=all,
>    before={\blank[big]},
>    after={\blank[big]},
>    location=serried,

Change “location=serried” to “alternative=serried”.

>    width=broad,
>    distance=0.5em,
>    headstyle=bold,
>    titlestyle=bold,
>    way=bychapter,
>    conversion=numbers]

You have to change “conversion” to “numberconversion” but this isn’t
necessary because numbers are the default conversion format.

To have chapter numbers as part of the counter add “prefix=yes”.

> \defineenumeration
>    [theorem]
>    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]
>
> \defineenumeration
>    [lemma]
>    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, number=theorem]

To use the counter of another enumeration use “counter=theorem”, not “name=theorem”.

Wolfgang

* Re: Unexpected behaviour of enumeration in mkiv
@ 2013-11-19 14:24   ` Thomas Möbius
From: Thomas Möbius @ 2013-11-19 14:24 UTC (permalink / raw)

2013/11/18 Wolfgang Schuster <schuster.wolfgang@gmail.com>:

> Am 15.11.2013 um 17:02 schrieb Thomas Möbius <kontakt@thomasmoebius.de>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> please have a look at the minimal example at the bottom.  I am
>> typesetting theorems and lemmata which are numbered consecutively
>> within chapters in a book.  I used the same code for a document
>> written in mkii, and I thought I could just reuse it in mkiv.
>> Obviously, there is something I am missing.  Question: How do I get
>> the same output when compiling the following code with 'context' as
>> when compiled with 'texexec'.
>>
>> When compiled with 'context', the chapter number is missing in the
>> numbering of theorems. Lemmas are not numbered at all.
>>
>> ~~~snip~~~
>> \setupenumerations
>>    [title=yes,
>>    style=normal,
>>    list=all,
>>    before={\blank[big]},
>>    after={\blank[big]},
>>    location=serried,
>
> Change “location=serried” to “alternative=serried”.
>
>>    width=broad,
>>    distance=0.5em,
>>    headstyle=bold,
>>    titlestyle=bold,
>>    way=bychapter,
>>    conversion=numbers]
>
> You have to change “conversion” to “numberconversion” but this isn’t
> necessary because numbers are the default conversion format.
>
> To have chapter numbers as part of the counter add “prefix=yes”.
>
>> \defineenumeration
>>    [theorem]
>>    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]
>>
>> \defineenumeration
>>    [lemma]
>>    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, number=theorem]
>
> To use the counter of another enumeration use “counter=theorem”, not “name=theorem”.
>
> Wolfgang

Thanks Wolfgang for the quick answer.  I changed my code accordingly.
The "prefix=yes" option, though, does not entirely do as I expect it.
It adds the chapter+section number as a prefix to each theorem (and
lemma).  As I have "way=bychapter" in my options, though, it doesn't
reset after a new section started (which is what I want!). The effect
is odd as you can see in the minimal example.

I only want to have the chapter number as a prefix. It's probably
simple? difficult?

Minimal example:

~~~snip~~~
\setupenumerations
    [title=yes,
    style=normal,
    list=all,
    before={\blank[big]},
    after={\blank[big]},
    alternative=serried,
    width=broad,
    distance=0.5em,
    headstyle=bold,
    titlestyle=bold,
    way=bychapter,
    prefix=yes]

\defineenumeration
    [theorem]
    [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]

\defineenumeration
    [lemma]
    [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, counter=theorem]

\starttext

\chapter{First chapter}

\section{First section}

\theorem Hello

\theorem Hello

\lemma Hello

\theorem Hello

\section{Second section}

\lemma Hello

\theorem Hello

\chapter{Second chapter}

\section{First section}

\theorem Hello

\lemma Hello

@ 2013-11-28 17:06     ` Thomas Möbius
From: Thomas Möbius @ 2013-11-28 17:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

2013/11/19 Thomas Möbius <kontakt@thomasmoebius.de>:
> [...]
> simple? difficult?
>
> Minimal example:
>
> ~~~snip~~~
> \setupenumerations
>     [title=yes,
>     style=normal,
>     list=all,
>     before={\blank[big]},
>     after={\blank[big]},
>     alternative=serried,
>     width=broad,
>     distance=0.5em,
>     headstyle=bold,
>     titlestyle=bold,
>     way=bychapter,
>     prefix=yes]
>
> \defineenumeration
>     [theorem]
>     [text=Theorem, listtext={Theorem }]
>
> \defineenumeration
>     [lemma]
>     [text=Lemma, listtext={Lemma }, counter=theorem]

To answer my own question, adding

    way=bychapter,
    prefixsegments=chapter,

did the job!