* Bibliography sorting order by Czech alphabet in Context
@ 2017-02-07 20:17 Petra Janouchová
From: Petra Janouchová @ 2017-02-07 20:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hello,

I am fairly new to the ConTeXt community and I am trying to sort
bibliographical references for my thesis. I need to be able to set the
sorting order of the bibliographical references by Czech alphabet (e.g.,
C,Č,D,....Ch,...etc.). English sorting puts Ch before C or Č, but in Czech
it needs to be after D. Any ideas?

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/352496/bibliography-sorting-order-by-czech-alphabet-in-context/352514#352514

Here is the minimal example

\mainlanguage[cz]

\usebtxdataset[bibliotest.bib]
\usebtxdefinitions[apa]

\unprotect %here I substitute the annoying ampersand with czech a
\def\textampersand{a}
\protect

 \setupbtx
 [apa:cite]
 [left=,
  right=,
separator:2={\btxsemicolon}, % :0 and :1 - between items of a list
separator:3={\btxsemicolon},
separator:4={\btxsemicolon},
separator:names:2={\btxcomma},
separator:names:3={\btxcomma},
separator:names:4={\btxcomma},
etaldisplay=3,
etallimit=3
]

\starttext

\cite[righttext={{123},{116-156}}][Danton2004, Cicikova2011].

\cite[Cicikova2011]

\cite[Chichikova1978]

\startchapter[title=Bibliografie]
\placelistofpublications
\stopchapter
\stoptext

and the database bibliotest.bib

@book{Danton2004,
address = {Oxford},
author = {Danton, Gocha R. and {De Angelis}, Franco},
publisher = {Oxford University School of Archaeology},
title = {{The archaeology of Greek colonisation: essays dedicated to Sir
John Boardman}},
year = {2004}
 }

@article{Cicikova2011,
address = {Kazanlak},
annote = {PDF},
author = {{\v{C}}i{\v{c}}ikova, M},
pages = {116--121},
journal = {{Varia Thracica}},
title = {{Article Title}},
year = {2011}
}

@book{Chichikova1978,
address = {Oxford},
author = {Chichikova, Maria and Dimitrov, Dimitur P. and Alexieva,
Marguerite and Author, Name},
isbn = {0-86054-003-0},
keywords = {Seuthopolis,Thracians},
language = {eng},
publisher = {BAR Supplementary Series 38},
title = {{The Thracian city of Seuthopolis}},
year = {1978}
}

Thanks in advance,

Petra

--
*Petra Janouchová*
Doctoral candidate of Ancient history,

https://cuni.academia.edu/PetraJanouchova
petra.janouchova@gmail.com

* Re: Bibliography sorting order by Czech alphabet in Context
@ 2017-02-08 16:08 ` Alan Braslau
From: Alan Braslau @ 2017-02-08 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello,

I believed that the sorting order follows the current active language
(\mainlanguage[cz]).

You might want to try
\setupbtxdataset [language=cz]
but I have never used this (I believe that it sets the default language
for entries lacking a language= field).

Sorting can be controlled as follows:
\startsection [title=Bibliografie]
  \setupdelimitedtext [language=cz]
  \placelistofpublications
\stopsection

This is useful for multilingual documents.

Other settings for \setupdelimitedtext [language=...] are
<blank> (the default, use the current active language)
local   (respect the local language directives, i.e. the bibtex entry
         field language=)
global  (impose the main document language)
en, de, nl, ...

Alan

--
Alan Braslau
CEA DSM-IRAMIS-SPEC

* Re: Bibliography sorting order by Czech alphabet in Context
@ 2017-02-08 17:49   ` Petra Janouchová
From: Petra Janouchová @ 2017-02-08 17:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Alan Braslau, pragma, ntg-context