* before= and after= for \setuphighlight
@ 2015-05-15 19:57 Kate F
From: Kate F @ 2015-05-15 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'm looking for something like \definehighlight which I can use to
markup various things in inline body text. I want different
environments to be able to have their own setups to configure how
these appear, just as \setuphighlight would provide.

However there's one situation which I can't think how to handle; I'd
like to have a setup append and prepend some text, just like before=
and after= for various other setups. If \setuphighlight had before=
and after=, this would suit me perfectly. But it doesn't.

Is there something similar to \setuphighlight which has before= and after=?
Or any other ideas?

Thank you,

--
Kate

* Re: before= and after= for \setuphighlight
@ 2015-05-15 20:57 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-15 20:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/15/2015 9:57 PM, Kate F wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking for something like \definehighlight which I can use to
> markup various things in inline body text. I want different
> environments to be able to have their own setups to configure how
> these appear, just as \setuphighlight would provide.
>
> However there's one situation which I can't think how to handle; I'd
> like to have a setup append and prepend some text, just like before=
> and after= for various other setups. If \setuphighlight had before=
> and after=, this would suit me perfectly. But it doesn't.
>
> Is there something similar to \setuphighlight which has before= and after=?
> Or any other ideas?

we have before/after in \definestartstop so let's add left/right there
for the inline variant

you can put this in cont-new.mkiv:

\unprotect

\unexpanded\def\syst_startstop_indeed#1%
   {\groupedcommand
      {\def\currentstartstop{#1}%
       \startstopparameter\c!commands % better: setups so that will show
op soon
       \dostarttagged\t!construct\currentstartstop
       \usestartstopstyleandcolor\c!style\c!color
       \startstopparameter\c!left}
      {\def\currentstartstop{#1}% safeguard, nto really needed
       \startstopparameter\c!right
       \dostoptagged
       \startstopparameter\c!inbetween}}

\protect

\starttext

\definestartstop[foo][style=bold,left=(,right=)]
\definestartstop[bar][style=italic,left=(,right=)]

test \foo{test \bar{x} test} test

\stoptext

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-05-15 21:00   ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2015-05-15 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Fri, 15 May 2015, Hans Hagen wrote:

> On 5/15/2015 9:57 PM, Kate F wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for something like \definehighlight which I can use to
>> markup various things in inline body text. I want different
>> environments to be able to have their own setups to configure how
>> these appear, just as \setuphighlight would provide.
>>
>> However there's one situation which I can't think how to handle; I'd
>> like to have a setup append and prepend some text, just like before=
>> and after= for various other setups. If \setuphighlight had before=
>> and after=, this would suit me perfectly. But it doesn't.
>>
>> Is there something similar to \setuphighlight which has before= and after=?
>> Or any other ideas?
>
> we have before/after in \definestartstop so let's add left/right there
> for the inline variant

If you are chaging \definestartstop, can we change the commands key to
setups key? It was never clear to me how the command key is supposed to
work.

> \unprotect
>
> \unexpanded\def\syst_startstop_indeed#1%
>   {\groupedcommand
>      {\def\currentstartstop{#1}%
>       \startstopparameter\c!commands % better: setups so that will show
> op soon
>       \dostarttagged\t!construct\currentstartstop
>       \usestartstopstyleandcolor\c!style\c!color
>       \startstopparameter\c!left}
>      {\def\currentstartstop{#1}% safeguard, nto really needed
>       \startstopparameter\c!right
>       \dostoptagged
>       \startstopparameter\c!inbetween}}
>
> \protect
>

> \starttext
>
> \definestartstop[foo][style=bold,left=(,right=)]
> \definestartstop[bar][style=italic,left=(,right=)]
>
> test \foo{test \bar{x} test} test
>
> \stoptext

Aditya

* Re: before= and after= for \setuphighlight
@ 2015-05-15 21:12     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2015-05-15 21:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/15/2015 11:00 PM, Aditya Mahajan wrote:
> On Fri, 15 May 2015, Hans Hagen wrote:
>
>> On 5/15/2015 9:57 PM, Kate F wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I'm looking for something like \definehighlight which I can use to
>>> markup various things in inline body text. I want different
>>> environments to be able to have their own setups to configure how
>>> these appear, just as \setuphighlight would provide.
>>>
>>> However there's one situation which I can't think how to handle; I'd
>>> like to have a setup append and prepend some text, just like before=
>>> and after= for various other setups. If \setuphighlight had before=
>>> and after=, this would suit me perfectly. But it doesn't.
>>>
>>> Is there something similar to \setuphighlight which has before= and
>>> after=?
>>> Or any other ideas?
>>
>> we have before/after in \definestartstop so let's add left/right there
>> for the inline variant
>
> If you are chaging \definestartstop, can we change the commands key to
> setups key? It was never clear to me how the command key is supposed to
> work.

sure, but after current has been released

                                           Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE

@ 2015-05-15 21:45   ` Kate F
From: Kate F @ 2015-05-15 21:45 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 15 May 2015 at 21:57, Hans Hagen <pragma@wxs.nl> wrote:
> On 5/15/2015 9:57 PM, Kate F wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm looking for something like \definehighlight which I can use to
>> markup various things in inline body text. I want different
>> environments to be able to have their own setups to configure how
>> these appear, just as \setuphighlight would provide.
>>
>> However there's one situation which I can't think how to handle; I'd
>> like to have a setup append and prepend some text, just like before=
>> and after= for various other setups. If \setuphighlight had before=
>> and after=, this would suit me perfectly. But it doesn't.
>>
>> Is there something similar to \setuphighlight which has before= and
>> after=?
>> Or any other ideas?
>

> we have before/after in \definestartstop so let's add left/right there for
> the inline variant
>
> you can put this in cont-new.mkiv:

Wonderful! That suits my situation nicely.
Thank you!

--
Kate