From: Kate F <kate@elide.org>
To: ntg-context@ntg.nl
Subject: Setup narrower body text for sections
Date: Thu, 14 May 2015 17:16:10 +0100	[thread overview]

Hi,

I'm typesetting unix manpages, where I want each section heading to be
outset slightly relative to the body text of that section. In other
words, I want the body text to have a left margin which is narrower
than the page width.

I know I can do this with something like:

    \startsection[title=Synopsis]
    \startnarrower
    blah blah blah
    \stopnarrower
    \stopsection

But I'd much rather set the left margin (or achieving the effect of
\startnarrower by some other means) using the setups for \startsection
instead. That way I won't need to have \startnarrower .. \stopnarrower
all over my document.

I tried \setuphead[section][margin=3cm] but the margin applies to the
heading, not to the body text of the section. Of course I could set
margin=-3cm and make the entire page narrower, but then I'd also need
to adjust the headers and footers to match.

I thought I could perhaps use before= and after=, but those are of
course before and after the heading, not before and after the body
text.

Is there a setup to wrap some commands around the body text?
Or must I define my own \startxyz .. \stopxyz thingy, or is there a better way?

Thanks,

--
Kate