Hi again, you could remove the \localcontrolled around the advance > I thought I tried that, but the counter incremented to 6, instead of 4. Using higher-level primitives seems more like the ConTeXt way. > why twice ? you only have to typeset the text once, right? > > > {text:\number\numexpr1+\rawcountervalue[ConcurrentTextGetCounter]/2\relax}} > I don't know why the counter is incremented twice for each concurrent environment; the document is typeset once, in three passes. Dividing by two solves the issue, if there's a deeper issue, I'm at a loss to explain it. Greets!