That's another good idea Heinrich. I certainly could invoke another application to sanitize the SVG, but that brings with it a number of additional problems: Does the user have it installed properly? Is it cross-platform? Additionally, the typesetting code (in Java) would have to be updated to call out to sanitize the file, plus introducing more error handling for when sanitizing goes wrong. Cleaning up the input document feels more like a band-aid than solving the underlying problem, which is to relax the regex ConTeXt uses to parse the style attribute. I'm pretty sure I can provide a patch for the regex, I just need to know how to get debugging information printed to the console when compiling the document using the context command. Any ideas about how to log strings after modifying mlib-svg.lmt? I tried adding print/report statements, but none of them showed up. Does anyone know if that's even the right file to change to start looking into the issue? Thanks again!