Thanks Hans. I've updated the wiki. I'm wondering if there's a way to also control the indenting? Max's solution removed any indenting, allowing the text for the second paragraph to be flush. It looks a little strange to see text indented next to a drop-cap. The test case is the same, but with the addition of an indenting setup: % SOT \setupinitial[n=2, continue=yes] \setupindenting[medium, yes] \setuphead[chapter][ after={\placeinitial}, page=no, ] \starttext \chapter{one} Kermit Ruffins Meet me at the second line. \chapter{two} \input knuth Meet me at the second line. \stoptext % EOT This produces an unintended side-effect, as well, whereby the following chapter heading is indented. See https://i.ibb.co/n8cMkM9/unintended-indented.png Cheers!