* Re: Indenting after floating image
       [not found] <530278cd.c3030e0a.4080.0646SMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
@ 2014-02-19  2:37 ` Thangalin
       [not found]   ` <53050cc0.c1320f0a.2ab7.051bSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-19  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Jan,

A work-around:

\setupexternalfigures[location=default]
\setupindenting[yes,medium]

\define[1]\PlaceFigure{
  \startplacefigure[number=no, location={page}, title={}]
  \externalfigure[#1]
  \stopplacefigure
  \\ \vskip-1em
}

\starttext
\input{ward}
\PlaceFigure{cow}
\input{ward}
\stoptext

The wiki states:

\setupindenting does not take care of indenting after environments,
such as ConTeXt's itemizes, enumerations, definitions, formulas and
floats.

The work-around forces the new line using \\, then immediately skips
back a line.

* Re: Indenting after floating image
@ 2014-02-19 19:57   ` Jan Tosovsky
       [not found]   ` <53050cc0.c1320f0a.2ab7.051bSMTPIN_ADDED_BROKEN@mx.google.com>
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2014-02-19 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 2014-02-19 Thangalin wrote:

> A work-around:
>
> \setupexternalfigures[location=default]
> \setupindenting[yes,medium]
>
> \define[1]\PlaceFigure{
>   \startplacefigure[number=no, location={page}, title={}]
>   \externalfigure[#1]
>   \stopplacefigure
>   \\ \vskip-1em
> }
>
> \starttext
> \input{ward}
> \PlaceFigure{cow}
> \input{ward}
> \stoptext
>
> The wiki states:
>
> \setupindenting does not take care of indenting after environments,
> such as ConTeXt's itemizes, enumerations, definitions, formulas and
> floats.
>
> The work-around forces the new line using \\, then immediately skips
> back a line.

Thanks for sharing your approach. In meantime I've found an alternative
solution:

\stopplacefigure
\indentation % this command forces the indentation of the next first
paragraph

Jan

@ 2014-02-19 22:28     ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2014-02-19 22:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Ah!

I was going to suggest that, but thought you wanted a solution that
didn't involve manual adjustments... I also thought I tried adding
"\indentation" to the "PlaceFigure" macro, but it didn't work
(probably because of it being embedded inside another set of braces).

* Indenting after floating image
@ 2014-02-17 21:01 Jan Tosovsky
From: Jan Tosovsky @ 2014-02-17 21:01 UTC (permalink / raw)

Dear All,

when an indenting is set, it is applied in a smart way and sometimes
suppressed, e.g after images.

But when the image is floating and forced to be displayed on a separate
page, I would expect the indenting of the following paragraph preserved.
Currently it doesn't, see this example:

\setupexternalfigures[location=default]
\setupindenting[medium, yes]

\starttext
\input{ward}
\startplacefigure[number=no, location={page}, title={}]
\externalfigure[cow]
\stopplacefigure
\input{ward}
\stoptext

Is there a global switch for it or am I to force the indenting in these
cases manually?

Thanks, Jan