* Hyphen collapsing
@ 2021-05-07  4:47 Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2021-05-07  4:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Not sure if this is a regression:

% SOF
\nohyphencollapsing

\setuphead[chapter][align={nothyphenated}]

\starttext
  \chapter{Such --- Emdashery}
\stoptext
% EOF

Expected: No collapsed hyphens.

Actual: Hyphens are collapsed.

Workaround: Remove the nothyphenated option or insert \nohyphencollapsing
into the \chapter command.

Is there another way to prevent collapsing hyphens with a single setting
that applies to the entire document?

The hyphens did not collapse in the previous version.

Current version: 2021.05.06

* Re: Hyphen collapsing
@ 2021-05-07 15:12 ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-07 15:12 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/7/2021 6:47 AM, Thangalin wrote:
> Not sure if this is a regression:
>
> % SOF
> \nohyphencollapsing
>
> \setuphead[chapter][align={nothyphenated}]
>
> \starttext
>    \chapter{Such --- Emdashery}
> \stoptext
> % EOF
>
> Expected: No collapsed hyphens.
>
> Actual: Hyphens are collapsed.
>
> Workaround: Remove the nothyphenated option or insert
> \nohyphencollapsing into the \chapter command.
>
> Is there another way to prevent collapsing hyphens with a single setting
> that applies to the entire document?
>
> The hyphens did not collapse in the previous version.

they did when a font had the tlig feature enabled

i'll add a key:

\setuphead[chapter][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]

Hans

* Re: Hyphen collapsing
@ 2021-05-07 17:15   ` Thangalin
From: Thangalin @ 2021-05-07 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)

 \setuphead[chapter][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
Would that mean there's no way to collapse the hyphenation throughout the
entire document from a single location? That is:

\nohyphencollapsing
\setuphead[section][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
\setuphead[subsection][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
\setuphead[subsubsection][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]

Would "\nohyphencollapsing[head=yes]" allow the setting to apply once to
all areas?

Thank you!

* Re: Hyphen collapsing
@ 2021-05-07 17:27     ` Hans Hagen
From: Hans Hagen @ 2021-05-07 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)

On 5/7/2021 7:15 PM, Thangalin wrote:
> \setuphead[chapter][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
> Would that mean there's no way to collapse the hyphenation throughout
> the entire document from a single location? That is:
>
> \nohyphencollapsing
> \setuphead[section][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
> \setuphead[subsection][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
> \setuphead[subsubsection][align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]
>
> Would "\nohyphencollapsing[head=yes]" allow the setting to apply once to
> all areas?

\setuphead[align={nothyphenated,notcollapsed}]

At some point I'll add some language related settings but first I'll
need to think of the best way.

Hans