Greetings, I would like to use a variable for the value of the list argument in, e.g., the \startsection command. If you compile my little example you will see that the first 'literal' assignment works, while the second 'variable' assignment does not. What am I missing here? Cheers, Michael \starttext \placecontent \setvariables[TOC][list=Second Section] \startsection [title={First}, list={First Section}] This is the first section. \stopsection \startsection [title={Second}, list={\getvariable{TOC}{list}}] This is the \getvariable{TOC}{list} \stopsection \stoptext