* How to place text before a table inside a column environment
@ 2021-07-22  9:52 Michael Guravage
From: Michael Guravage @ 2021-07-22  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have created a table and placed it inside a columns environment; which
works as advertised. However, if I place any text before the column
environment, the columns break. More clearly stated, only one column
appears on the first table page; whereas two columns resume on subsequent
pages. I have attached a mwe where you can use --mode=title to invoke the
broken columns.

Any advice on how to place text above the columns environment would be
gratefully received.

With kind regards,

Michael

[-- Attachment #2: mwe.tex --]
[-- Type: text/x-tex, Size: 434 bytes --]

\startsetups[tablesettings]
  \setupTABLE[c][1][style=\tfc, color=darkred, align=left]
  \setupTABLE[c][2][width=3cm, align=middle]
  \setupTABLE[c][each][frame=off]
\stopsetups

\switchtobodyfont[10pt]

\starttext
  \doifmode{title}{\title{Rooster}}

  \startcolumns[n=2]
    \bTABLE[split=yes, setups=tablesettings]
    \dorecurse{75}{\bTR \bTD 25 \eTD \bTD aug, wo \eTD \bTD Lecture \eTD \eTR}
    \eTABLE
  \stopcolumns
\stoptext

* Re: How to place text before a table inside a column environment
@ 2021-07-22 10:00 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-07-22 10:00 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Michael,

you could try columnsets and use a columnsetspan for the text above the columns.

I don’t know if tables work well within a columnset, though.

Hraban

@ 2021-07-22 10:42   ` Michael Guravage
From: Michael Guravage @ 2021-07-22 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

No, I'm afraid not. I have been combining the various table and column
environments, all without success - yet.

Michael

@ 2021-07-22 11:13     ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2021-07-22 11:13 UTC (permalink / raw)

columnsets need \setuplayout[grid=yes] – did you check that?

HR

@ 2021-07-22 11:36       ` Michael Guravage
From: Michael Guravage @ 2021-07-22 11:36 UTC (permalink / raw)