* \setupenumerations, alternative=serried is ignored when setting up multiple enumerations
@ 2013-03-22 17:28 Tobias Columbus
From: Tobias Columbus @ 2013-03-22 17:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi list,

While learning the very basics of context, I stumbled upon the following
bug:

When I try to use \setupenumerations in the latest beta (2013.03.22 12:06)
for multiple enumerations, the alternative=... is ignored for all but the
first enumeration.
A minimal example demonstrating what I mean is attached. This bug, however,
seems not to be present in the TL version (2012.05.30) of context.

I don't know if this is a well-known bug and apologize in advance if this
happens to be the case.

Tobias

[-- Attachment #2: broken-setupenumerations.tex --]

* Re: \setupenumerations, alternative=serried is ignored when setting up multiple enumerations
@ 2013-03-26 11:52 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2013-03-26 11:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Tobias,

> When I try to use \setupenumerations in the latest beta
> (2013.03.22 12:06) for multiple enumerations, the
> alternative=... is ignored for all but the first enumeration.

It's not just the enumeration; e.g. the color key, too is applied to
only to the first enumeration class named.

I haven't seen the idiom
    \setupenumerations[a,b][...]
before; I have always used
    \setupenumerations[a][...]
    \setupenumerations[b][...]
which works fine. Does the manual you were using mention anywhere that
the [a,b] idiom should work? If it doesn't, perhaps you simply made a
misassumption; if it does, someone more knowledgeable should tell us
whether it is the manual or the code that is wrong. Thanks anyhow for
bringing this up on the mailing list, of course. And have fun learning
ConTeXt!

Cheers,
Sietse

(Slightly changed MWE below, which shows the behaviour of serried)

\defineenumeration[a] [text=a]
\defineenumeration [b] [text=b]

% This only sets up a
\setupenumerations [a,b][alternative=serried, color=red]

% This sets up both a and b
% \setupenumerations [a][alternative=serried, color=red]
% \setupenumerations [b][alternative=serried, color=red]

\starttext
\starta
    \input ward
\stopa
\startb
    \input ward
\stopb
\stoptext

* Re: \setupenumerations, alternative=serried is ignored when setting up multiple enumerations
@ 2013-03-26 17:09   ` Wolfgang Schuster
From: Wolfgang Schuster @ 2013-03-26 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

Am 26.03.2013 um 12:52 schrieb Sietse Brouwer <sbbrouwer@gmail.com>:

> Hi Tobias,
>
>> When I try to use \setupenumerations in the latest beta
>> (2013.03.22 12:06) for multiple enumerations, the
>> alternative=... is ignored for all but the first enumeration.
>
> It's not just the enumeration; e.g. the color key, too is applied to
> only to the first enumeration class named.
>
> I haven't seen the idiom
>    \setupenumerations[a,b][...]
> before; I have always used
>    \setupenumerations[a][...]
>    \setupenumerations[b][...]
> which works fine. Does the manual you were using mention anywhere that
> the [a,b] idiom should work? If it doesn't, perhaps you simply made a
> misassumption; if it does, someone more knowledgeable should tell us
> whether it is the manual or the code that is wrong. Thanks anyhow for
> bringing this up on the mailing list, of course. And have fun learning

It’s a bug in the command handler, I will post a detailed description of error on the developer list.

Wolfgang

* Re: \setupenumerations, alternative=serried is ignored when setting up multiple enumerations
@ 2013-03-26 17:17     ` Tobias Columbus
From: Tobias Columbus @ 2013-03-26 17:17 UTC (permalink / raw)