Hi all, While playing with \startmathcases, I discovered some strange (maybe wanted?) behaviour of \startmathcases and \stopmathcases: - The interline spacing in mathcases is different depending on whether the mathcases are used in a mathalignment or a formula environment. - Lucida OpenType math has some nice curly brace that is also used in cases environments. However, if \startmathcases, \stopmathcases is used in some mathalignment environment and the cases contain subscripts, the curly brace disappears and some "straight" brace is used instead. - When using superscripts instead of subscripts, the curly brace reappears but the cases look like not vertically centered in both formula and mathalignment environments. I produced an example demonstrating the above observations. In my opinion, the disappearing curly brace is worst of all of them since one frequently has formulas both with and without subscripts on the same page and different braces are quite easily spotted. Tobias