Thanks a lot! Am Di., 21. Aug. 2018 um 09:06 Uhr schrieb Hans Hagen : > On 8/21/2018 1:59 AM, Lars wrote: > > Hi there, thanks for your interest in Textadept. It's a great editor and > > I am sure that you won't regret testing it and using it in the future. > > Just have some patience. > > i played with it a few times but its biggest drawback is the lack of a > fast and realtime console pane like scite has so i keep coming back to > scite (on the contrary scite has the lpeg lexer extern and its lua is > not shared with scites lua which is a drawback there) .. so currently i > see ta as a fallback > > in the context distrubution there are actually files for textadept but > because its (still?) a moving target with a changing interface i'm not > sure if it works with the latest (it's btw one reason why the files that > ship with context basically reset a lot of the fetaures because as usual > with editors, they tend to add lots of key bindings and stuff not needed > for tex and friends) > > anyway, > > ../context/data/textadept/context/textadept-context.cmd > ../context/data/textadept/context/textadept-context.sh > > still work on my machine so ... it's kind of providing the same > functionality as we use in scite. > > > *Fifth, is your context lexer loaded when you compile the file?* Check > > the status bar in the lower right corner. If it doesn't say "context" > > but "latex" or "text" or anything like that, then choose the context > > lexer via "Buffer" -> "Select lexer...". > the lexer that we use in scite and textadept both use the textadept > lexer dll (which plugs into scintilla) but because the lua code that > came with it kept changing and i needed way better performance (for > large files like char-def) than was possible at that time i also rewrote > that code for our purpose (also because i wanted spell checking, utf > and such) ... > > at some point the ta lexing method changed a bit so it became faster ... > all such such lexers sort of follow the same approach, mark regions and > associate them and we already had similar stuff on board in context so i > could combine things a bit > > i think that the scite/ta lexers that we ship are quite ok (i've now > used them for years) and they are probably better than the context lexer > that comes with textadept, i.e. the context one supports a mix of tex, > mp, lua etc, knows primitives, commands, helpers, and follows up on the > way we have had syntax highlighting for decades which in turn closely > relates to the way the context user interface evolved > > notepad++ does use the same scintilla editing framework but cannot load > the lexer dll; it does bidi a bit better > > anyway, with both scite and ta i can gamble on two horses > > > > Hans > > ----------------------------------------------------------------- > Hans Hagen | PRAGMA ADE > Ridderstraat 27 | 8061 GH Hasselt | The Netherlands > tel: 038 477 53 69 | www.pragma-ade.nl | www.pragma-pod.nl > ----------------------------------------------------------------- >