* [Far out subproject proposal] ---Have ConTeXt generate html math inaddition to pdf/dvi ?
@ 2017-01-31 17:33 Federer Fanatic
From: Federer Fanatic @ 2017-01-31 17:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Hi, I was wondering if:

--------------------------------

Basically have complete mathml markup or some other kind of html math output
that is completely capable of doing what is now done for pdf output.

This would elminate the need for the clumsy workarounds that mathjax,
for example, provides---there appears to be no easy way to convert
arbitarilly/personally written latex packages/classes
into something that mathjax can understand. Obviously the original
latex code could still remain
in the resulting html/mathhtml output so that people would still have
access to the "original" source code.

One of my motivations is to allow for google translate to work on html
math documents...
it WORKS provided you add 'notranslate' to the spans:  <span
class="math inline">, <class="math display">latex math commands/span>
etc environments. However LaTeX commands that mathjax is not familiar
with are not rendered....

I realize this may be a better question on mathjax but I regard that
project, while laudable, wrong headed as the real problem should be
solved by a proper TeX-like engine like ConTeXt can solve this
problem(s)?

* Re: [Far out subproject proposal] ---Have ConTeXt generate html math inaddition to pdf/dvi ?
@ 2017-02-02 17:48 ` Aditya Mahajan
From: Aditya Mahajan @ 2017-02-02 17:48 UTC (permalink / raw)

Have you looked at export mechanism: http://wiki.contextgarden.net/Export
http://tex.stackexchange.com/a/267896/323

> This would elminate the need for the clumsy workarounds that mathjax,
> for example, provides---there appears to be no easy way to convert
> arbitarilly/personally written latex packages/classes
> into something that mathjax can understand. Obviously the original
> latex code could still remain
> in the resulting html/mathhtml output so that people would still have
> access to the "original" source code.

The export mechanism converts TeX math to MathML, which I believe mathjax
can handle.

Aditya

* Re: [Far out subproject proposal] ---Have ConTeXt generate html math inaddition to pdf/dvi ?
@ 2017-02-02 22:42   ` Federer Fanatic
From: Federer Fanatic @ 2017-02-02 22:42 UTC (permalink / raw)

Thanks for providing some feedback!

FF

 Roger Federer Fanatic Extraordinaire :-)