* library 'uni' is unknown
@ 2020-10-01 17:32 Susanne G. Loeber
From: Susanne G. Loeber @ 2020-10-01 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

Dear Reader,

https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Symbols shows predefined symbol sets. The
uni and wasysym are unknown.

Hereby my example:

\usesymbols[mvs]

\usesymbols[uni]

\usesymbols[wasysym]

%% \usesymbols[ifsym]

\starttext

\par Show entire set martinvogel 1

\showsymbolset[martinvogel 1]

\par Show YinYang symbol from martinvogel 2. \crlf

\symbol[martinvogel 2][YinYang]

%% \symbol[Alpine Symbol][Flag]

\stoptext

Console output

fonts > symbols > library 'mvs' loaded

fonts > symbols > library 'uni' is unknown

fonts > symbols > library 'wasysym' is unknown

The ultimate goal is to show a flag from the alpine symbol set from ifsym.
However, I will settle with a flag from uni if it means I don't have to
install files.

Kind regards,

Susanne

* Re: library 'uni' is unknown
@ 2020-10-01 21:31 ` Jairo A. del Rio
From: Jairo A. del Rio @ 2020-10-01 21:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, Susanne.

I think you're confusing ConTeXt symbol sets with LaTeX ones. Except for
symb-imp-emj, which is for emoji support, files with symb-imp prefixes list
symbol sets supported by ConTeXt (see
/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv):

symb-imp-cc
symb-imp-cow
symb-imp-eur
symb-imp-fontawesome
symb-imp-jmn
symb-imp-mis
symb-imp-mvs
symb-imp-nav

symb-uni.mkii is not available for ConTeXt MkIV, but you could make it work
with a proper font set (e.g. Quivira) or better, ask Hans for it.

Wrt ifsym itself, it is a LaTeX specific package and it won't work out of
the box, so you could 1) use a Unicode alternative instead or 2) adjust
Metafont files so they could be compiled via Metapost. If you go for 2),
the following would work as a poor's man solution for any symbol you need.

\starttext
\startuseMPgraphic{Flag}
%From ifsym.gen
draw (3pt,0pt)--(3pt,10pt);
fill (3pt,10pt)--(0pt,8pt)--(3pt,6pt)--cycle;
\stopuseMPgraphic
This is a poor's man \type{ifsym's \Flag}: \useMPgraphic{Flag}.
\stoptext

There's a more advanced way to register glyphs explained in Luametafun (
http://www.pragma-ade.com/general/manuals/luametafun.pdf), in case you're
interested.

Regards,
Jairo :)

El jue., 1 de oct. de 2020 a la(s) 12:32, Susanne G. Loeber (
dekleurenfamilie@gmail.com) escribió:

> Dear Reader,
>
> https://wiki.contextgarden.net/Symbols shows predefined symbol sets. The
> uni and wasysym are unknown.
>
> Hereby my example:
>
> \usesymbols[mvs]
>
> \usesymbols[uni]
>
> \usesymbols[wasysym]
>
> %% \usesymbols[ifsym]
>

> \starttext
>

> \par Show entire set martinvogel 1
>
> \showsymbolset[martinvogel 1]
>

> \par Show YinYang symbol from martinvogel 2. \crlf
>
> \symbol[martinvogel 2][YinYang]
>

> %% \symbol[Alpine Symbol][Flag]
>

> \stoptext
>
> Console output
>
> fonts > symbols > library 'mvs' loaded
>
> fonts > symbols > library 'uni' is unknown
>
> fonts > symbols > library 'wasysym' is unknown
>

> The ultimate goal is to show a flag from the alpine symbol set from ifsym.
> However, I will settle with a flag from uni if it means I don't have to
> install files.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Susanne

* Re: library 'uni' is unknown