* CMYK workflow. How to set and should I worry about
@ 2020-06-23 20:28 Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2020-06-23 20:28 UTC (permalink / raw)

Colleagues

I'm getting ready to send  a book to the  printers and in their blurb
they state "/Ensure that you are using a CMYK workflow and export to
PDF/X-1a:2001" . /I can set the pdf format using \setupbackend but I'm
unsure as to what to do about CMYK workflow. The book has no colour
pages so I'm not sure if I really need to worry about CMYK workflow.
Could someone advise?

Thanks and Best Wishes

Keith McKay
//

* Re: CMYK workflow. How to set and should I worry about
@ 2020-06-23 21:06 ` Henning Hraban Ramm
From: Henning Hraban Ramm @ 2020-06-23 21:06 UTC (permalink / raw)

> Am 23.06.2020 um 22:28 schrieb Keith McKay <mckaymeister@gmail.com>:
>
> Colleagues
>
> I'm getting ready to send  a book to the  printers and in their blurb they state "Ensure that you are using a CMYK workflow and export to PDF/X-1a:2001" . I can set the pdf format using \setupbackend but I'm unsure as to what to do about CMYK workflow. The book has no colour pages so I'm not sure if I really need to worry about CMYK workflow. Could someone advise?

\setupcolors[rgb=no] to avoid rgb colors, or
\setupcolors[state=stop] to force black and white.

You must ensure yourself that your images are just black and white / greyscale (not in RGB mode).

ConTeXt does some automatical checks and conversions depending on the PDF/X standard, but I’m not sure how far that goes (e.g. PDF/X-1 prohibits transparencies, and ConTeXt cares for that).

Best, Hraban

* Re: CMYK workflow. How to set and should I worry about
@ 2020-06-23 22:02   ` Keith McKay
From: Keith McKay @ 2020-06-23 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)