* EPUB woes
@ 2013-11-16 15:16 Bill Meahan
From: Bill Meahan @ 2013-11-16 15:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I have been trying for a very long time to generate an epub document via
context without success.

I have followed the steps on the wiki to the letter, using the
export-example file provided with the standalone distribution. A PDF
generated from the file is exactly what I would expect from an example.
The generated epub, however, is useless - all the text is jammed
together into one continuous block with no formatting whatsoever.

Adobe Digital Editions 2.0 crashes trying to open it. Sumatra and Sigil
get it open but the results are as described above. Obviously I am
missing a step or doing something wrong but I cannot see what.

Context Standalone from a couple of days ago. Windows 7-64 (Home
Premium) but I got the same results several months ago on a Linux system
so I do not think it is OS-related.

Sign me, "Frustrated!"

--
Bill Meahan, Westland, Michigan

   “Writing is like getting married. One should never
    commit oneself until one is amazed at one's luck.”

                                —Iris Murdoch

* Epub woes
@ 2012-11-15 18:58 Bill Meahan
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Bill Meahan @ 2012-11-15 18:58 UTC (permalink / raw)

I tried to generate an epub document using ConTeXt following the recipe
on the wiki. Didn't work. So, I tried running the export-example.tex
file that comes with the distribution, unmodified. Same bad results.

     Cover is not generated
     TOC is not generated (though it is noted this might be the state of
the export)
     Sectioning doesn't happen.
     Paragraphing doesn't happen.
     The resultant epub file cannot even be opened with FBReader.

Importing the epub into Sigil shows one big blob of text, with only the
between word spacing that's present in the source file. The \quotation{}
markup did get turned into quotation marks, chapter numbers were
generated and the rest of the markup was stripped out.

Same behavior with both the TeXLive 2012 version of ConTeXt and a quite
recent beta.

Up-to-date Ubuntu 12.04

Linux Escherton 3.2.0-32-generic #51-Ubuntu SMP Wed Sep 26 21:32:50 UTC
2012 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

What am I doing wrong?

--
Bill Meahan