On Sun, 8 Nov 2020 at 13:44, Pablo Rodriguez wrote: > On 11/8/20 11:48 AM, Sylvain Hubert wrote: > > Indeed, \setupfooterexts is much clearer for page numbering. Thanks for > > the help!. > > > > Btw, do you know whether there is any difference between \lastpagenumber > > and \lastuserpagenumber mentioned both by Wolfgang and by the excursion > > book ? > > Besides Wolfgang’s reply (way far more authoritative than mine), my > approach is basic. > > grep the and read the source: > > $ grep -irl lastpagenumber ~/lmtx > ~/lmtx/mlib-int.lua > ~/lmtx/mlib-int.lmt > ~/lmtx/meta-pag.mkiv > ~/lmtx/mult-def.lua > ~/lmtx/strc-pag.mkxl > ~/lmtx/strc-pag.mkiv > > ~/lmtx is only a symlink for > ~/context/tex/texmf-context/tex/context/base/mkiv/. > > I created that symlink, because grepping for commands or options is a > way to learn by reading the code. > > Not that I understand the whole, but I see which options are available > and I can check some samples included. > > strc-pag.mkxl is your friend here. There are three page series. You > could even create more page series (not normally needed). > Thank you very much for the pointers. It does save me from drowning in the code base as I have been for multiple occasions. Sylvain