On Mon, 9 Nov 2020 at 23:40, Jairo A. del Rio wrote: > Hi, Sylvain. > > LuaMetaTeX and LuaTeX, the engines used by ConTeXt nowadays, use an > embedded library, so external compilations/files are not necessary. Just > out of curiosity, wouldn't it be easier to use a ConTeXt environment? E.g.: > > \starttext > \startMPcode %\startuseMPgraphic{} if you want to reuse your graphic > with \useMPgraphic{} > draw fullcircle scaled cm > %withcolor black % black is default > ; > \stopMPcode %\stopuseMPgraphic > \stoptext > > More info here: > https://wiki.contextgarden.net/MetaFun_-_MetaPost_in_ConTeXt > To actually answer your question, if you actually want to load a Metapost > graphic externally generated, you should have something like: > > %nice.mp > %"begin ... endfig", as well as "end" are important > beginfig (1); > draw fullcircle scaled cm > %withcolor black > ; > endfig; > end > > so when you compile it via > > mpost nice.mp > > (obviously supposing you have Metapost installed) you'll get a file called > nice.1 and > > \starttext > > \externalfigure[nice.1][width=4cm] > > \stoptext > > will work. However, as you can see, ConTeXt deals with such minutiae for > you and extends Metapost capabilities too, so the second alternative is not > the ConTeXt way to go. > > I hope it helps. > > Jairo :) > Hi Jairo, Thank you very much for the suggestion and the thorough explanation. I extracted the metapost code to a new file because I felt it would be a bit lengthy and noisy to stay with the text content. But you're right, an extra compilation step is not any better. I should probably use \component figure.tex, in place of \externalfigure[figure.1] Sylvain