* Problem with *lettrine* module in Mk-iv
@ 2013-11-14 21:53 Francisco Gracia
From: Francisco Gracia @ 2013-11-14 21:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context

I am glad to report that the problems that I experienced until recently
with the *lettrine* module have disappeared. At present it works like any
other regular module.

As the *lettrine* source file does not seem to have been modified, I
conclude that the reason of the improvement should be attributed to the
modification of some other unknown piece of the complex *ConTeXt*
machinery. The interpreter at work is

mkiv lua stats > luatex banner: this is luatex, version beta-0.77.0 (tex
live 2013/w32tex) (rev 4645)

This should be good news (at least it has been for me) as *lettrine* is a
more powerful and complete command than *inital* for the intended job and,
above all, is much better documented.

Regards

Francisco

* Re: Problem with *lettrine* module in Mk-iv
@ 2012-09-10 13:22   ` Jörg Hagmann
From: Jörg Hagmann @ 2012-09-10 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

I had to switch to "\placeinitial", e.g.

Instead of:
% \usemodule[lettrine]
% \setuplettrine[Raise=0.1,FontHook=\darkgrey,TextFont=\tf]

I used:

\setupinitial[color=darkgrey,n=2,voffset=-1.5ex]
and then:
\placeinitial My text …

See also http://archive.contextgarden.net/message/20120322.214713.ca22f882.en.html

Cheers, Jörg

@ 2012-09-10 11:43 ` Sietse Brouwer
From: Sietse Brouwer @ 2012-09-10 11:43 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello Francisco,

Welcome to ConTeXt! You are sure to enjoy it here.

> My conclusion is that *lettrine* does not work correctly with Mark-iv and
> there is somewhere a bug that has to be corrected. But I could be
> mistaken. Am I doing something wrongly?

No, you are correct, there is a bug. It happens on my end, too; I have
attached the resulting output.

\usemodule[lettrine]
\starttext
\lettrine[Lines=3]{T}{he two} typeset arguments are the
dropped capital. \input knuth
\stoptext

I had a look at the module code, but it's too low-level for me, so I'm
CC-ing Taco Hoekwater who wrote the module. Depending on how trivial
the bug is, and how busy Taco is, he might be able to help.

Kind regards,
Sietse
Sietse Brouwer

[-- Attachment #2: lettrine-bug.pdf --]

* Problem with *lettrine* module in Mk-iv
@ 2012-09-09 19:28 Francisco Gracia
From: Francisco Gracia @ 2012-09-09 19:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: ntg-context